ATLCat

Johnson Central at Simon Kenton Predictions/Updates

Johnson Central at Simon Kenton  

30 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who Wins?

• Johnson Central
    • Simon Kenton

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/25/2020 at 04:00 PM

Simon Kenton has made a strong statement early in 2020 that they are certainly the rabbit the rest of the NKY Class 6A appear to be chasing. The Pioneers have won handily playing down over Highlands and Walton-Verona, but now step the competition level up immensely taking on the defending 4A Champions from Johnson Central.

QB Chase Crone has played superb for Simon Kenton, accounting for over 500 yards of total offense through the first two games. Simon Kenton has also leaned heavily on an improved defense that has done an admirable job of slowing down the opposition using a mix of negative plays and strong pass defense. 

Johnson Central made a clear statement in their only game by thoroughly dominating Bell County. The Eagles, as always, will rely on a power running game behind a monstrous O-line and hard nosed backs like Dylan Preston. On defense, Bell County had little to offer the Golden Eagles as Johnson Central limited the Bobcats to a meager 43 yards rushing on 20 carries and just 56 total yards. 

Last season Johnson Central roughed up the Pioneers 49-11 in a game that was pretty much out of reach from the onset. The Eagles dominated the Line of Scrimmage ran for over 450 yards. Expect Simon Kenton to fare a good bit better up front, but this will still be the key to the game on each side of the ball.

• Thanks 1

Looking forward to this one. I think JC wins, but SK will hang around.

Any reason to think it doesn't go very similar to last year?  Has SK's trench game improved?  I'm not sure JC's line is quite as good as last year, but I think it's close. 

10 hours ago, BEChargers said:

Any reason to think it doesn't go very similar to last year?  Has SK's trench game improved?  I'm not sure JC's line is quite as good as last year, but I think it's close. 

I expect it to be a similar score to last year.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BEChargers said:

I'm not sure JC's line is quite as good as last year, but I think it's close. 

They only lost the center. Granted, he was really good, but they return the other four, including Bingham. Johnson Central is one of the truly elite offensive line producing programs in the state, regardless of class. I don't look for that to end as long as Matney's there.

• Like 1

On 9/21/2020 at 1:27 PM, Voice of Reason said:

I expect JC to win. The question is how competitive will SK be?

Crone really has to show up on Friday. He was largely ineffective against JC last year. This game should be a good barometer for his development from his freshman to sophomore years.

While I do believe that SK is the top NKY so far, I believe Johnson Central wins this by 3 scores. SK has had a week schedule so far, Highlands isn't really what they should be and Walton Verona will struggle most of the season.

JC 26 SK 3

733 left in the first half.