Purple88

Glasgow at South Warren Predictions/Updates

Who Wins this game?  

14 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who wins this game?

• Glasgow (2-0)
    • South Warren (1-0)

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/25/2020 at 04:00 PM

Glasgow is scheduled to travel to South Warren this Friday to take on a Spartan's team that felt the effect of the Covid Pandemic last Friday night.  South Warren was to take on Central in their first home game of the season, but that game did not happen.  Several rumors/opinions were given as to why, but the reality is the game wasn't played and will not be rescheduled.  A Central tweet I saw said they were following KHSAA regulations to not travel into a Covid-19 "Hot Spot", which Warren County was listed as last week.  But the State Map I saw as of 9/20/20 now reports Warren County in the orange and not red category (https://govstatus.egov.com/kycovid19).  Good for Warren County!

On to football!  Glasgow let one slip away last year as they came up just short in a 21-20 home loss to a good South Warren squad.  I know they would like to finish the deal here.  Glasgow is off to a good start on the 2020 season.  They defeated a better than you think Allen County Scottsville team 21-19 at home and went to Hart County for a 39-21 win.  Great job from Coach Jeff Garmon's team!  They did lose some real horses from last years team though.  But never fear, for there is a real Junior Class Trio working for Glasgow's offense.  QB John Myers threw for over 200 years against ACS; RB Hunter Scott rushed for over 100 yards and WR Anderson Phillips caught 8 passes for over 100 yards.  So things are still positive for the Scotties on that side of the ball.  The defensive side of the ball is more unknown, but Seniors Isaiah McElroy (DL) and SR Xavier Ferreira (LB) look to lead the way.

South Warren is still the better team on paper by a good margin.  The South defense should be the story in this game and give Glasgow quite a bit of problems, especially their defensive line.  On offense, JR QB Caden Veltcamp and company should be chomping at the bit to get back on the field.

I hope they are able to get this game in.  As the following week, sets up the annual District Tilt at Bowling Green.  Who wins this game and why?

I expect South to win by 2 to 3 touchdowns although I thought the same thing last year and Glasgow should have won the game. I think the Scotties can score Hunter Scott is a really good running back who is dangerous in the open field he had a 75 and 82 yards touchdown runs last week and Myers throws the ball pretty well and they have two or three fast receivers. My concern is the defense who though two games have not been good against the pass so I’m worried Veltcamp may carve them up hopefully the coaches can make some adjustments and figure out how to be better against the pass.

South was missing Veltkamp for that game last year. With him healthy, I doubt it is close. 

9 hours ago, Killowatt59 said:

South Warren big. 

As well it should be Glasgow is a 3A team that lost its quarterback top running back and receiver if South don’t win big it will probably say more about them than it will Glasgow.

• Like 1

SW great coach and great program.  Glasgow always solid too.

SW 28-7

On 9/21/2020 at 7:19 AM, Purple88 said:

2:00 before game coaches to field for toss

Sour 3 and out punt to Glasgow.

ball at Glasgow 25

Luke Byrd interception but flag on play. South at Glasgow 9

Martin to the 5

Veltkamp pass incomplete.

Veltkamp keeper TD South

pat good south 7 -0

Sign in to follow this