TheDeuce

Christian Academy - Louisville at Mercer County Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

12 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who wins?

• Christian Academy - Louisville
    • Mercer County

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/25/2020 at 09:00 PM

After a five touchdown loss at home last week to 4A power Boyle County, the Centurions hit the road to Central Kentucky to take on Mercer County. Mercer is 1-1 on the season, after a Week 1 drubbing by the same Boyle County team and a win last week vs. Taylor County. Who will get the win in this 3A tussle?

I’ve got to go with CAL. I’d love to see Mercer win but comparing results against their one common opponent I think Cal wins by 2-3 scores. 

I think CAL takes advantage of a young Mercer secondary.  I would guess by 3 scores.  

Pulling for Mercer but after watching both these teams play, I have say CAL gets the nod. I feel that the passing game of CAL will hurt the Titans most. On defense, CAL is very good against the run with that middle linebacker who had double digit tackles in their first two games.

in my opinion there are two things Mercer must do to have a chance to win.  They must defend the pass and they have to throw the ball at least 50% of the time.  Neither one of which they have shown the ability to do.  i feel like they have to play with 2 safety's on defense and they must develop a pass rush. they have shown everyone on tape that their d-line holds up the linemen in order to free the linebackers.  he will have to go off script and shoot some gaps with his d-line.  Boyle had a hard time running the ball last friday. even though the Dunn kid and #12 are both better than McDaniel (boyle), it will not be enough to run successfully against cal.  the only real success they will have throwing the ball will be timing routes.  They should work on timing routes all week and get 6 yards on every pass play.  Then they have a chance.

Not sure I agree with the McDaniel assessment.  94 yards on 21 carries isn't bad.  Team rushed for 160.  Mercer ran for 184 against Taylor. 

I believe that Dunn had 12 yards in 10 carries against Boyle. McDaniel had 94 yards against Cal. Lets see how that plays out before we make any quick decisions on who is better. Will also had 63 yards in 10 carries against Mercer. McDaniel caught 6 passes against Cal and played really tough on defense, just something else for you to consider, plus he wasn't playing against Taylor County, if you are basing your comparison on that game for what Dunn and Peavler did. By the way, I like Dunn and Peavler but we need to wait till the season is over, then compare stats and the strength of schedule before making any rash statements.

Country you are right, I was too quick  to judge .  Although I do like both of the Mercer county backs.  I don't believe even the stats will tell the true story on which back may be or may not be better. McAllen is running behind a junior college o-line while in high school and although Mercer has a pretty good line it does not compare to the o-line that Boyle has.  I did not intend to turn this into a running back comparison. But it will be fun to watch all three backs are pretty good. Good luck to Mercer I hope they can pull off the shocker.

Thanks for the time change info Chief. I will try to make it if I can still get a ticket.

14 to 13 Mercer at the half. 

Mercer 21 CAL 13 start of the 4th Q.

Mercer 28 CAL 13 in the 4th. 

28 all with 54 seconds remaining in the game.