WestDanville

Highlands vs Boyle County Predictions/Updates

Who will come out victorious?   

45 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will come out victorious?

• Boyle County
    • Highlands

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/25/2020 at 11:00 PM

Highlands (1-1) is coming off of a 23-14 win over 6A NKY foe, Ryle. Boyle County (2-0) comes in off of a 56-21 win over CAL. Highlands start to the season hasn’t turned any heads and there seems to be a debate on who should be the starter under center. This week is a great opportunity for Highlands to prove they are ready to return to the contenders column of High school football. Is Highlands ready to avenge last years 30-0 defeat to Boyle and prove they’re ready to contend in 5A once again?  

Boyle County on the flip side has shown the state that they have done a good job reloading and are arguably one of the favorites to win the 4A title in December. Boyle was exposed through the air by CAL last week and needed a strong 4th quarter to pull away from CAL for good. An interesting point that was brought to my attention is that Boyle is 0-2 in Fort Thomas. Will the unique venue be too much to overcome or will Boyle be able to keep the Birds grounded? 

• Thanks 1

I would say Boyle County with a running clock. All you need to really do against HIghlands is stop the run off tackle and outside. 

12 minutes ago, KY Outsider said:

I would say Boyle County with a running clock. All you need to really do against HIghlands is stop the run off tackle and outside. 

All Highlands needs to do is score more points than Boyle and they should win. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I like Boyle by 3 scores.  Last year was one of Boyle's best teams and it still was in a fight with Highlands through three qtr's of the game.  Don't think the venue changes anything. 

Wished I was as confident as everyone else.  Just hoping to come home with the W and don't care what the score is.  Just win! 

They've played 7 games between each other.

2003 Boyle 22-21

2003 3A Championship Boyle 44-10

2004 Highlands Won it on the field (Boyle by forfeit 1-0)

2004 3A Championship Highlands 22-6

2011 Highlands 35-14

2012 Highlands 52-31 

2019 Boyle 30-0

• Like 1

I would expect the Highlands defense to compete with Boyle but I fear they are going to be on the field too much.

I like Boyle going away in the 2nd half in this one. 

• Like 2

Boyle will control this game the whole game. Highlands is weak and under sized. they aren't a very disciplined team. Don't see them winning this game at all. Offense can't throw. Boyle needs to do is stop the outside run and its over. Defensively Highlands will get beat up front. The front six also isn't very strong for Highlands either.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, football analysis said:

Boyle will control this game the whole game. Highlands is weak and under sized. they aren't a very disciplined team. Don't see them winning this game at all. Offense can't throw. Boyle needs to do is stop the outside run and its over. Defensively Highlands will get beat up front. The front six also isn't very strong for Highlands either.  

As I read your post the voice turned into Ivan Drago’s voice in my head. I don’t know..... I think this will be closer than last year is what common sense would say. Both teams lost a lot from last year but more so Boyle for sure. The game is at Highlands, I believe there is still a bit of home field advantage in these times. Highlands hung with them for a half or so last year. Stopping Noon running the ball is easier said than done. He can pick up yards and it controls the clock. Look , I am not saying Boyle shouldn’t be favored. But if Highlands get a lucky break here or there it might get interesting. 

3 hours ago, football analysis said:

I agree with every assessment here about Highlands.

Any info about Boyle’s players?  I guess what we know about Highlands so far is weak, weak, undisciplined and weak. Might as well start with a running clock. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, El Diablo said:

Any info about Boyle’s players?  I guess what we know about Highlands so far is weak, weak, undisciplined and weak. Might as well start with a running clock. 

The same guys said Ryle would be too much. Cal preps had Ryle winning,  now they changed the score. They may be undersized,  undisciplined etc. One thing they have is heart, to come back from a 2 score deficit last week to win says they're unwilling to lay down!