Sign in to follow this  
True blue (and gold)

Bowling Green 24 Pleasure Ridge Park 6

I don’t know what to make of this score. Is the promising for PRP or does it say more about St. X?

Not BG's best offensive effort tonight. But a win is a win.

Looked very lethargic, slow starting. Several dropped passes. I didn't think the playcalling was very good either.

BIG step back offensively for the Purples tonight compared to last week.  PRP had a lot more speed than St. X did.

Defense was great tonight.  They are big, fast and tough at every position. 

Last week everything was clicking for Bowling Green.  Tonight not terrible, but a step back for sure.

The Purples had a couple of injuries, I hope not too serious, but could be.

Now a week off before the South Warren showdown. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Killowatt59 said:

Not BG's best offensive effort tonight. But a win is a win.

Looked very lethargic, slow starting. Several dropped passes. I didn't think the playcalling was very good either.

BIG step back offensively for the Purples tonight compared to last week.  PRP had a lot more speed than St. X did.

Defense was great tonight.  They are big, fast and tough at every position. 

Last week everything was clicking for Bowling Green.  Tonight not terrible, but a step back for sure.

The Purples had a couple of injuries, I hope not too serious, but could be.

Now a week off before the South Warren showdown. 

Probably bit of letdown after big win last week, at least on offense. PRP may be better than last year.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bugatti said:

I don’t know what to make of this score. Is the promising for PRP or does it say more about St. X?

I mean, the score is still 24-6 and the game was never in question. PRP has several very solid athletes. I’m assuming by this post you were expecting PRP to get clocked?

6 minutes ago, BillNye said:

I mean, the score is still 24-6 and the game was never in question. PRP has several very solid athletes. I’m assuming by this post you were expecting PRP to get clocked?

Well BG beat them 56-0 last year. And this BG team looked like it is better than last year, at least after game 1.  And for those that saw the game, it was definitely a step back from last week. 

8 minutes ago, BillNye said:

I expected the score to be worse, although you’re right it never felt like PRP had a chance.  I just thought the offensive productivity wasn’t great all.

The defense on the other hand was dominant yet again, and this time against much better athletes.  PRP didn’t look like a slouch by any means to me, but what do I know?

PRP has some very good players. They brought back most of their defense from last year. I feel like they probably are improved. I have 7-8 former players on that team and they all can play. 

How did #14 look? He can move. 

For those just score hopping, this score will not be impressive and honestly it is a step down from last seasons rout. But several things were in motion tonight (and Kilowatt hit on most of them):

1. BG comes to Louisville for the second straight week.  This time off a good win and playing an opponent they are supposed to beat.  So I don't think they were up emotionally as much as last week and that offensive edge wasn't there.  This played out on the very first play of the game.  PRP squib kicked and BG muffed it and turned it over right out of the gate.  It was just that kind of night for BG offensively.  

2. BG had several injuries that caused rotation of guys that haven't played as much to get quite a bit more time on the field.  Big #70 OL was terrific tonight pancake get people all over the place  

3.  And hey, I think PRP is quite a bit better than last year.  They are athletic on defense, especially their LBs were outstanding tonight.  They didnt allow BG big plays and that was key.  And PRP has speed.  On kick returns, in the backfield on the outside.  I was impressed.  They were well coached and ready to play and hungry.

The BG defense was really good tonight.  They served so many 3 and outs I quit counting.  And the thing I loved is if you look at the KHSAA page for this game when they enter all the stats, look at how many guys BG played.  They played a TON of guys tonight, especially on D (a TON of SO).  I love that as it builds depth and gives players you will need confidence going forward.

Im not worried about the BG offense. I am concerned about potential long term injuries, but that's part of the game. BG needs these 2 weeks to get ready for South Warren.  And that game is going to be a really good one.

Safe travels Purples!  Good Job!  And very good job for PRP as well!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, AvoidLloyd said:

PRP has some very good players. They brought back most of their defense from last year. I feel like they probably are improved. I have 7-8 former players on that team and they all can play. 

How did #14 look? He can move. 

Lloyd, that PRP D looks really good to me.  LBs are terrific!

#14 was good, crafty and tough to bring down.  BG corralled him most of the night but he is only going to get better IMO.  PRP won't be an easy win for teams expecting it like last year.  Keep an eye on them and see if that plays out.  

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this