Sign in to follow this  
AvoidLloyd

Meade County at Apollo Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. 1. Who wins?

• Meade Co
    • Apollo

Meade Co. comes in 1-0 after beating John Hardin for only the 3rd time in their last 18 tries. Meade Co. is lead by Senior RB Austin Oppel. Oppel had the game winning TD reception vs John Hardin. Oppel had 12 carries 80 yards plus 7 receptions for 67 yards and 2 td's last week. Meade Co also welcomes back 6-3 270 lb OL/DL Cole Knoop from suspension. 

Apollo lost to one of the better teams in any class last week (Owensboro) and looks to bounce back behind Harold Patterson and Damian Lovinsky. The pair combined for 255 yards rushing vs a VERY good Owensboro defense. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This looks like a good game.  Thanks for the insight Lloyd!

• Like 1

Apollo got them last year I believe.  Apollo has a great O-line and 2 threats in the backfield with speed.  It's tough to tell how good their Defense is because they faced an Owensboro offense with almost everyone back.  Edge is a defensive guy, so I look for him to have a good game plan.  

I'll go with Apollo 35-28.

I think this will be competitive game but I will take Apollo since they won last year.

I saw this game last year and Apollo really took it to Meade in the first half last year.  The Waves made some nice adjustments in the 2nd half to get it closer but it looked like Apollo was the better team across the board.  I did notice Meade threw the ball 20 times last week, which is a little different than what I've seen from Meade in the past.  If they look to run, Oppel could give Apollo some problems on the outside.  They don't look to be very fast out there.  Griffin Ferguson hurt his ankle last week and missed most of the game for Apollo.  Not having him would hurt Apollo.  At the end of the day, I think Apollo's big OL and Patterson/Lovinski combination is too much for Meade.

Apollo 49

Meade 28

• Like 1

Meade holds Apollo twice and Apollo did the same. 

meade snapped a punt over the head of the punter and Apollo recovers. Meade holds them to a FG. 

mead gets ball and drives down the field thru the air. JT Godsey runs it in from 10 yds out. 

meade 8

apollo 3

Lovinsky long run for Apollo TD. Plus 2 pts conversion. 

Meade 8

Apollo 11

• Thanks 1

Austin Oppel ejected for “kicking” a player. I’ve coached Austin in every sport since he was 7 and he’s never done 1 thing even close to that. Zero chance he kicked someone. Awful. 

1 hour ago, AvoidLloyd said:

Final

Apollo 17

Meade co 14

Great game!