theguru

Dixie at Corbin Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

26 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who wins?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/18/2020 at 11:00 PM

Both teams suffered opening season losses last week.  Corbin to 2A #3 Beechwood and Dixie to 5A #1 Covington Catholic.  Corbin comes in ranked 6th in 4A and Dixie is ranked 11th in 6A.

I like Dixie in this game, who do you like?

I think looking at Week 1 games and scores may be a bit mis-leading.

Dixie played CovCath very tough and Beechwood beat Corbin. It would be easy to say Dixie should be a major favorite.

I think if Dixie had a little more size I would like them a lot more, but the truth is I think they are pretty similar to Beechwood and this is going to be a toss-up game.

Corbin seems to really step up their game when they play in their Bowl Game. They even beat Alcoa, TN a couple years back.

I think it will be tight, but I will take the Hounds by a very narrow margin.

20 minutes ago, ATLCat said:

I think looking at Week 1 games and scores may be a bit mis-leading.

Dixie played CovCath very tough and Beechwood beat Corbin. It would be easy to say Dixie should be a major favorite.

I think if Dixie had a little more size I would like them a lot more, but the truth is I think they are pretty similar to Beechwood and this is going to be a toss-up game.

Corbin seems to really step up their game when they play in their Bowl Game. They even beat Alcoa, TN a couple years back.

I think it will be tight, but I will take the Hounds by a very narrow margin.

My impression is Dixie is bigger on the lines than Beechwood.

Corbin 20

Dixie 12

Well, this is going to be a good game. For Dixie Heights, they stayed focused and was rewarded by a very solid second half of play. Nearly winning the game. I call it building character in your team. Corbin started extra slow on the offensive end against Beechwood. I know I predicted a big win for Corbin last week and probably swayed some people into believing we might win. I had no doubts. Late in the 3rd quarter, down 17-0 Corbin scored with :41seconds left on the clock. Beechwood hits another field goal making it 20-7 and Corbin scores again with around 7 minutes to go now closer at 20-14. The redhounds defense didn’t control the game like I predicted they would, but they maintained to get one more possession with 1:18 remaining. Deep with the whole field to go, Beechwoods defense would prove to be too much and a interception ended the game. I see two teams with similar opening day games meeting for a much needed first win. No doubt Dixie Heights should be the favorite the way they played Covington Catholic. I still am hoping our offense gets ignited for 3 quarters this game. I gotta stay with my team. 

Corbin 28

Dixie Heights 14

Hope second half Corbin shows up for the whole game this week. 

• Like 1

On 9/15/2020 at 8:13 PM, Cheese said:

Well, this is going to be a good game. For Dixie Heights, they stayed focused and was rewarded by a very solid second half of play. Nearly winning the game. I call it building character in your team. Corbin started extra slow on the offensive end against Beechwood. I know I predicted a big win for Corbin last week and probably swayed some people into believing we might win. I had no doubts. Late in the 3rd quarter, down 17-0 Corbin scored with :41seconds left on the clock. Beechwood hits another field goal making it 20-7 and Corbin scores again with around 7 minutes to go now closer at 20-14. The redhounds defense didn’t control the game like I predicted they would, but they maintained to get one more possession with 1:18 remaining. Deep with the whole field to go, Beechwoods defense would prove to be too much and a interception ended the game. I see two teams with similar opening day games meeting for a much needed first win. No doubt Dixie Heights should be the favorite the way they played Covington Catholic. I still am hoping our offense gets ignited for 3 quarters this game. I gotta stay with my team. 

Corbin 28

Dixie Heights 14

I agree this will be a closely contested game. Sounds like Corbin is a scrappy bunch that doesn't just go away lightly. And if anyone has kept track of Dixie the last couple seasons, wether they are down by 3 or 30, they are bringing it for four quarters. Whichever team comes out 0-2 is still going to be just fine seeing as out of the gate they had some solid competition to prep them for the rest of the way. Dixie in my opinion has a better defense than Beechwoods. For that reason, they keep it close and win.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Beechwoodfan said:

Updates?

Dixie 8 Corbin 0

Dixie went for it on 4th and 2 from the 11 of Corbin and scored.  It's now Dixie 22 and Corbin 20 with 9+ min left in game. 

• Thanks 1