Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
16thBBall Fan

Pirates at Reds 9/14 - 9/16

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, 8th Region Warrior said:

Does anyone know anything on Senzel?  They brought him back for this series and he hasn’t played?  Put him for Garcia or Galvis and we could be dangerous. Or use Farmer more. Galvis is 202 avg and Garcia 201 🙄

He played game 1 of the double header on Monday.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, 8th Region Warrior said:

Does anyone know anything on Senzel?  They brought him back for this series and he hasn’t played?  Put him for Garcia or Galvis and we could be dangerous. Or use Farmer more. Galvis is 202 avg and Garcia 201 🙄

Come on man, there's no way they're going to put him in the infield at this stage.  If either one of them was the DH, then you'd have a point.  But, not in the infield.

Farmer is the option that I could see happening more, especially since they've got Stephenson up as the 3rd catcher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guess hitting a pinch hit walkoff doesn’t earn you any playing time with Mr. Rogers!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clutch by Shogo, on fire, but End the inning with ANOTHER base running blunder, got to be one of the worst base running teams in MLB. 
 

Shogo almost .500 obp in September!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HUGE win tonight, Castillo was absolutely brilliant again!!!  9 games left, 7-2 gets them in the playoffs I believe, 6-3 MIGHT, gonna be tough, what’s everyone think, do they get in???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

HUGE win tonight, Castillo was absolutely brilliant again!!!  9 games left, 7-2 gets them in the playoffs I believe, 6-3 MIGHT, gonna be tough, what’s everyone think, do they get in???

6 and 3 most likely also get them in. Honestly as long as they win 5 of the the 9, I think they will get in. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think wins over Pittsburgh should only count as 1/2 wins, they are that bad.

I realize the Reds play who they are scheduled to play, and with superior starting pitching we win, but the Pirates don't deserve to be playing in the Major Leagues. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Mustang said:

I think wins over Pittsburgh should only count as 1/2 wins, they are that bad.

I realize the Reds play who they are scheduled to play, and with superior starting pitching we win, but the Pirates don't deserve to be playing in the Major Leagues. 

Unfortunately for the Reds, the Pirates go on to play the Cardinals for 5 games.  St. Louis then gets KC for 3 after that.  Meanwhile, the Reds take on 2 of the top 4 teams in the AL, in the White Sox and Twins (sandwiched around 3 with the Brewers).

It was nice to see them on a little bit of a winning streak here towards the end (even if it was against the Pirates), but there's zero chance they make the playoffs given the schedule.  It ain't gonna happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Senzel is a true infielder Cincy Sports fan, it where he has played the most truthfully.  I know he has not that much for the Reds but the way Shogo is swinging the bat I would not sit him over Galvis or Garcia. Senzel needs to be in the line-up these last couple games in case he can get hot and be a weapon.  Those other two are not.  I agree with the schedule, we get the Whitesox at home and need to go 2-1, then the Brewers same story 2-1.  The last 3 against the Twins we got to hope that maybe they will sit some guys with being locked in already.  However they are in a battle with the Whitesox for first.  What a division that has been in this 60 game season.  I think 6-3 gets us in.  Unfortunately some of those games missed by the Cards were against good teams and they did not have to make them up with the Covid debacle they had.  A big question is Sonny Gray, if we get in we have to hope he is available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 8th Region Warrior said:

Senzel is a true infielder Cincy Sports fan, it where he has played the most truthfully.  I know he has not that much for the Reds but the way Shogo is swinging the bat I would not sit him over Galvis or Garcia. Senzel needs to be in the line-up these last couple games in case he can get hot and be a weapon.  Those other two are not.  I agree with the schedule, we get the Whitesox at home and need to go 2-1, then the Brewers same story 2-1.  The last 3 against the Twins we got to hope that maybe they will sit some guys with being locked in already.  However they are in a battle with the Whitesox for first.  What a division that has been in this 60 game season.  I think 6-3 gets us in.  Unfortunately some of those games missed by the Cards were against good teams and they did not have to make them up with the Covid debacle they had.  A big question is Sonny Gray, if we get in we have to hope he is available.

Aren’t they making most of the games up? If I counted correctly, they will play 58 games. So that would mean only two games didn’t get made up correct?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are correct, I did not notice that.  They are playing 58 games, and I think this hurts them after seeing their schedule.  I know they play the Double A Pirates but they also have the Brew crew for several games.  I think I saw around 3-4 Double Header games and I think it bodes well for the Redlegs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, 8th Region Warrior said:

Senzel is a true infielder Cincy Sports fan, it where he has played the most truthfully.  I know he has not that much for the Reds but the way Shogo is swinging the bat I would not sit him over Galvis or Garcia. Senzel needs to be in the line-up these last couple games in case he can get hot and be a weapon.  Those other two are not.  I agree with the schedule, we get the Whitesox at home and need to go 2-1, then the Brewers same story 2-1.  The last 3 against the Twins we got to hope that maybe they will sit some guys with being locked in already.  However they are in a battle with the Whitesox for first.  What a division that has been in this 60 game season.  I think 6-3 gets us in.  Unfortunately some of those games missed by the Cards were against good teams and they did not have to make them up with the Covid debacle they had.  A big question is Sonny Gray, if we get in we have to hope he is available.

Oh, I know he's a true infielder too.  So was Billy Hamilton, I believe.  The point is...they (both he and the club) have invested a lot of time into making him an outfielder.  I'm not going to say he's forgotten how to play the infield, but I don't think it's farfetched to say he doesn't practice throwing like he's still an infielder.  The muscle strength/memory for those different types of throws are probably not the same as they were a few years ago.  Add in the fact that he had shoulder surgery in the past year, and there's too much risk and not enough reward, in my opinion.

The good news is we should get Suarez back from his paternity leave, so Moose can go back to 2nd, and we won't have to play BOTH Galvis and Garcia at the same time.  And, like I said before, it wouldn't surprise me to see Farmer in there instead of either one of them, since Stephenson is now up.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Clutch by Shogo, on fire, but End the inning with ANOTHER base running blunder, got to be one of the worst base running teams in MLB. 
 

Shogo almost .500 obp in September!!

Blame for that should be on the 3rd Base Coach.  House was awful last year, not sure how he retained his job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using the site you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use Policies.