Jump to content
Purple88

Bowling Green at Pleasure Ridge Park Predictions/Updates

Who Wins this game?  

18 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who wins this game?

    • Bowling Green (1-0)
    • Pleasure Ridge Park (0-0)
      0

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/18/2020 at 04:00 PM

Recommended Posts

Well, how is that for coming out of the gates sports fans!  The Purples traveled to Louisville to take on the Tigers of St. Xavier and came home with a 14-0 victory.  While BG turned the ball over 3 times as much as St X, their defense played better than so many could have hoped for.  The Purples also had problems snapping the ball and penalties, but through it all they played with poise and kept coming, as the 2-score lead didn't happen until mid way through the 4th quarter.  

The BG offense was led by SR QB Conner Cooper who was very smooth overall and displayed a very effective passing on the run game.  SR RB Javey Bunton, SR WR Dez Wilson, and SR TE Jordan Dingle formed a difficult trio to stop.  BG's offensive line had to replace 3 starters from the 2019 State Semi-Finals squad and they were really solid, outside of the snap issue.

The BG defense returned only 2 starters and yet they were the difference in this game.  The leader of the D is SR LB Rece Jones, who had a whale of a game. The DLine are all JRs and played super.  The secondary only returned S Eli Burwash (and SR CB Dylan Echols but he was hurt the majority of last season), but they are really good last Friday; highlighted by SO CB Augustin Nyembo's 1-handed INT in the second half.

I honestly don't know much about the Panthers of Pleasure Ridge Park, but being a JCPS school this will be their first game of the 2020 season.  A disadvantage I believe.  They did scrimmage Louisville Moore on Saturday.  I drove over to try to get a glimpse, but due to Covid couldn't get in, so I watched a bit from afar.  Their LBs looked very athletic and their QB threw a couple good passes to some good looking athletes.  I remembered their numbers, but the PRP roster on the KHSAA page is not very helpful, so I don't have any names for positions for you.  They list 33 players on their roster with half seniors, so they should have some good leadership, but I just have a feeling this team is a long ways off the 2017 squad that beat the Purples at PRP 35-21.

The Purples won 56-0 last year at home.  This will be PRP's first game, but it's at home so that good for Panther fans.  Honestly, my gut feel is PRP will struggle to stop a Purples squad that must be sky high right now.  I've been wrong before, but am I now?  You tell me!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure home field advantage means much this year.   Not a lot of voices are going to be in those stands.

I won't be at the game, but my son will give me a review.   He's interning as an athletic trainer, and they assigned him to PRP.    I'll be sure to pass along some of his observations after the game.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PRP has a good QB but Bowling Green will be too much and rolls. PRP's best chance is Bowling Green having a let down after beating St. X but I don't anticipate that happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Purple88 said:

If you happen to be going to the game and want a place to stop to get a bite to each try Mike Linnig's:

http://www.mikelinnigsrestaurant.com/viewOurMenu.html

 

GREAT fish sandwish and a landmark on the southwest side of Louisville!

I should have known better than to click that link. Now I'm hungry. 🤤

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Purples were ultra impressive last week. Conner Cooper looked good throwing the football. He had to split QBing duties some last year, but it's entirely his show now, and that can only be a plus for the Purples this season. 

I think BG is in for a relatively easy night against PRP, then it's an extra week of prep for South Warren.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This likely won't be close. Purples easy. 

And Mike Linnig's is the SPOT. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a little info on PRP. 
 

At QB is A very talented sophomore Kaden Anderson. He’s 6-2 and has a great arm. Could have went to any of the power schools in Louisville. He’s as good as any sophomore in the state. 

Their best Wide receiver is #14 Derrik Gant. About 5-9 and can move. Gant has 4.5 speed and should be Anderson’s top target. 
 

On defensive Cameron Scheisser, Tanner Coyle and Zach Kelly are standouts. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2020 at 1:55 PM, Purple88 said:

Well, how is that for coming out of the gates sports fans!  The Purples traveled to Louisville to take on the Tigers of St. Xavier and came home with a 14-0 victory.  While BG turned the ball over 3 times as much as St X, their defense played better than so many could have hoped for.  The Purples also had problems snapping the ball and penalties, but through it all they played with poise and kept coming, as the 2-score lead didn't happen until mid way through the 4th quarter.  

The BG offense was led by SR QB Conner Cooper who was very smooth overall and displayed a very effective passing on the run game.  SR RB Javey Bunton, SR WR Dez Wilson, and SR TE Jordan Dingle formed a difficult trio to stop.  BG's offensive line had to replace 3 starters from the 2019 State Semi-Finals squad and they were really solid, outside of the snap issue.

The BG defense returned only 2 starters and yet they were the difference in this game.  The leader of the D is SR LB Rece Jones, who had a whale of a game. The DLine are all JRs and played super.  The secondary only returned S Eli Burwash (and SR CB Dylan Echols but he was hurt the majority of last season), but they are really good last Friday; highlighted by SO CB Augustin Nyembo's 1-handed INT in the second half.

I honestly don't know much about the Panthers of Pleasure Ridge Park, but being a JCPS school this will be their first game of the 2020 season.  A disadvantage I believe.  They did scrimmage Louisville Moore on Saturday.  I drove over to try to get a glimpse, but due to Covid couldn't get in, so I watched a bit from afar.  Their LBs looked very athletic and their QB threw a couple good passes to some good looking athletes.  I remembered their numbers, but the PRP roster on the KHSAA page is not very helpful, so I don't have any names for positions for you.  They list 33 players on their roster with half seniors, so they should have some good leadership, but I just have a feeling this team is a long ways off the 2017 squad that beat the Purples at PRP 35-21.

The Purples won 56-0 last year at home.  This will be PRP's first game, but it's at home so that good for Panther fans.  Honestly, my gut feel is PRP will struggle to stop a Purples squad that must be sky high right now.  I've been wrong before, but am I now?  You tell me!

You going to the game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/15/2020 at 8:01 PM, Killowatt59 said:

You going to the game?

Yep, Game Day!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Courier Journal just ran story that Central had to cancel on South Warren because Warren County is red covid county but it’s ok for Bowling Green from same county to go to PRP. JCPS logic. I’m glad they haven’t cancelled this game but the day is still early.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm glad PRP hasn't canceled as well.  I have a feeling there night have been some other factors in play as to why the SW game was canceled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Courier Journal just ran story that Central had to cancel on South Warren because Warren County is red covid county but it’s ok for Bowling Green from same county to go to PRP. JCPS logic. I’m glad they haven’t cancelled this game but the day is still early.

I would guess the theory there is a team coming from that county is doing just that. If you're sending your team to that county, folks will be eating, buying gas, maybe shopping, along with going to the game. So you don't send them in hopes that doesn't happen and they don't get the virus. I may be giving JCPS too much credit for that though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gchs_uk9 said:

I may be giving JCPS too much credit for that though.

I'll add to that: based on the concerns about fall sports that came from JCPS, I'm extremely surprised they didn't require all JCPS teams to play only  schools in Jefferson County.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using the site you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use Policies.