Sign in to follow this  
BillNye

Is Bowling Green the clear #1 in class 5A?

9 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

I agree with all this. If rankings were based only on one game, then BG would be number 1. But they aren't based on one game. There are other factors to include. When all the factors are included, I lean towards Cov Cath at number one after week one.

So just so I am understanding you correctly, you are saying that rankings for this years class of 5A should include what has happened in the past? Not only do I disagree with that, I find that a disservice to any team trying to make a name for themselves any given year. 

What other factors should be included? Covington Catholic has a rich history, we agree there. You think Bowling Green’s isn’t comparable? The last decade they won about half of the titles in their class. Covington Catholic was no where to be found in 4A. In fact, the first couple years they showed up in 5A they let Pulaski County represent the eastern side of the state. 

See how easy that is?

If we keep it to the talent on the field and let the results speak for themselves.. Covington Catholic just played a Dixie Heights team that went 5-7 last year down to the wire and most say they should have lost that game. Also just last year, since we are talking about the past, Covington Catholic smoked that same Dixie Heights team 45-0. 

What other factors are you wanting to include?

22 minutes ago, BillNye said:

So just so I am understanding you correctly, you are saying that rankings for this years class of 5A should include what has happened in the past? Not only do I disagree with that, I find that a disservice to any team trying to make a name for themselves any given year. 

What other factors should be included? Covington Catholic has a rich history, we agree there. You think Bowling Green’s isn’t comparable? The last decade they won about half of the titles in their class. Covington Catholic was no where to be found in 4A. In fact, the first couple years they showed up in 5A they let Pulaski County represent the eastern side of the state. 

See how easy that is?

If we keep it to the talent on the field and let the results speak for themselves.. Covington Catholic just played a Dixie Heights team that went 5-7 last year down to the wire and most say they should have lost that game. Also just last year, since we are talking about the past, Covington Catholic smoked that same Dixie Heights team 45-0. 

So just so I am understanding you correctly, you are saying that rankings for this years Dixie team should include what has happened in the past? Not only do I disagree with that, I find that a disservice to this years Dixie team trying to make a name for themselves.

• Confused 1

Just now, Tones said:

So just so I am understanding you correctly, you are saying that rankings for this years Dixie team should include what has happened in the past? Not only do I disagree with that, I find that a disservice to this years Dixie team trying to make a name for themselves.

The only point is that he brought up that Bowling Green lost 28-0 as a factor to having CC at number one. There is a lot of room for growth and change in one year. I don't recall discussing anything about where to rank Dixie Heights though and honestly I'm a bit confused at how you're spinning this. But nevertheless, I think every year should be treated differently in terms of how you are going to approach rankings. 

• Like 1

You have to say right now it was a very impressive win over a top 6A team.  If it were CovCath beating St. X while shutting them down, CC fans would declare it a great victory, as well they should.  To me, the presumption has to be it was a great win.  

• Like 2

I really like this BG team’s potential. I think they are one of 3-4 5A teams that can win it all. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BillNye said:

See how easy that is?

Let's start here. Cov Cath has been in the championship game three years in a row and has two titles. Are you saying that means nothing in this year's rankings?

3 hours ago, BillNye said:

I remember one poster saying CovCath should have lost in the post game thread. There may have been others, but it wasn't most.

That being said, if you want to rank BG #1 have at it. We will know more after the games this week.

Sign in to follow this