2020 Mr. Football Preseason Watchlist (9/4)

DevilMayCare

4 hours ago, Herefortheunderdogs said:

So you guys are telling me Brandon McClendon from Covington Holy Cross has no chance at this? Even tho what he’s done with the teams he has played with? 

If you compare McClendon's career numbers against the career numbers in my post above this one, which includes the "leaders" that DMC started off with for the preseason edition of the watchlist, I think it's pretty clear that McClendon is a really strong player when you take into account the fact that he's been doing what he has while Covington Holy Cross has offered him very little opportunity to shine.

He may well be someone who ends up showing that he is well worth looking at from a "dark horse" perspective over the course of this season. But I think realistically in terms of McClendon's ability to actually contend for the two Mr. Football awards, brass tacks it comes down the ability of writers/coaches across the state having to have something objective to hold up and compare players to one another, and then that's what most of them are going to base their decision on. "What he's done with the teams he has played" may be a slight consideration, but I don't think that's enough to really sway many votes.

MrFootballTracker-page-006.thumb.jpg.1233495d5dbcbdae75f8e24bedc68425.jpg