The Batman (2021 film)

barrel

The Nolan trilogy is basically perfection in my opinion. I’m extremely curious to see this movie, but it’s impossible to have great expectations because it will always be judged against the Nolan trilogy. This trailer does look promising though. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nkypete said:

Definitely darker.

The director, Matt Reeves (Cloverfield, Let Me In, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, War for the Planet of the Apes) has said that he's intending it to be darker in terms of actual filming; he's doing that because this version of Batman is not intended to be so much of a origin story as much as a film noir detective story. He's hinted that he doesn't intend the plotline to be as dark as Nolan's Batman trilogy or as The Joker was.

Confirmed cast members:

Robert Pattinson - Bruce Wayne / Batman
Zoe Kravitz - Selina Kyle / Catwoman
Colin Farrell - Oswald "Oz" Cobblepot / The Penguin
Paul Dano - Edward Nashton / The Riddler
Andy Serkis - Alfred
Peter Sarsgaard - District Attorney Gil Colson
John Turturro - Carmine Falcone
Jeffrey Wright - James Gordon

• 1 year later...

Per Wikipedia:

Ben Affleck, who portrayed Batman in the DC Extended Universe (DCEU), was set to direct, produce, co-write, and star in The Batman in 2014, but in 2017 he chose not to direct due to dissatisfaction with his own script. Reeves was hired to take over and reworked Affleck's story to focus on a younger Batman. He sought to explore Batman as a detective more than previous Batman films, inspired by the comic books "Year One" (1987), "The Long Halloween" (1996–1997), and "Ego" (2000). Affleck left The Batman entirely in January 2019 and connections to the DCEU were removed. Pattinson was cast in May 2019, with further casting later that year. Principal photography took place in the United Kingdom and Chicago, lasting from January 2020 to March 2021.

The Batman was scheduled for release in June 2021, but production was delayed between March and September 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. It is scheduled for release in the United States on March 4, 2022. Two sequels are planned and two spin-off television series are in development for HBO Max.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Daughter came home from college to go see The Batman with us this weekend. 

It's long, so if you go make sure you hit the latrine before you go. Counting opening trailers it clocks in at 3 hours and 15 minutes or so.

We all thought that Pattinson did a very good job portraying Batman. In fact of the strongest things in this movie is the casting, overall they did a very good job.

For me it never really seemed to drag or slow down. My wife however, got bored and thought portions of the movie were way too slow for her taste.

May have my favorite Catwoman ever in this movie. Character is strong and never does the ridiculous purring or cat talk like Pfiefer and TV versions and more believable that Hathaway.

I'll give it a rating after I think on it a while, but it definitely gets a thumbs up.

36 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Daughter came home from college to go see The Batman with us this weekend. 

It's long, so if you go make sure you hit the latrine before you go. Counting opening trailers it clocks in at 3 hours and 15 minutes or so.

We all thought that Pattinson did a very good job portraying Batman. In fact of the strongest things in this movie is the casting, overall they did a very good job.

For me it never really seemed to drag or slow down. My wife however, got bored and thought portions of the movie were way too slow for her taste.

May have my favorite Catwoman ever in this movie. Character is strong and never does the ridiculous purring or cat talk like Pfiefer and TV versions and more believable that Hathaway.

I'll give it a rating after I think on it a while, but it definitely gets a thumbs up.

Interesting take.  I’m still not sold on Patton, granted I haven’t seen the movie. Everyone is different and he may have just caught me at the right time, but for me the last Batman trilogy did it. They just got it right. I loved the cinematography and LOVED the music. It just captured me.  Can’t tell you how many times I watched Batman Begins during college. 

54 minutes ago, sportsfan41 said:

Interesting take.  I’m still not sold on Patton, granted I haven’t seen the movie. Everyone is different and he may have just caught me at the right time, but for me the last Batman trilogy did it. They just got it right. I loved the cinematography and LOVED the music. It just captured me.  Can’t tell you how many times I watched Batman Begins during college. 

This movie is visibly darker from a cinematography point of view, than the Bale trilogy. 

Pattinson does a much better job that I ever expected...that said my expectations for him were low. 

• Like 1