Jump to content
Jumper_Dad

Big 10 Cancels Football Season

Recommended Posts

Voting today, we’re gonna know really soon.  I’m feeling cautiously optimistic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, John Anthony said:

Voting today, we’re gonna know really soon.  I’m feeling cautiously optimistic.

 On this morning's show Clay Travis (who I do not like at all, but I flipped him on during a commercial) said the Big 10 will start play on October 19th and get in an 8 or 9 game season.  They will have their champion in place in time for the playoffs selection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

 On this morning's show Clay Travis (who I do not like at all, but I flipped him on during a commercial) said the Big 10 will start play on October 19th and get in an 8 or 9 game season.  They will have their champion in place in time for the playoffs selection.

If they only play eight games (assuming none are canceled due to COVID) and everyone else plays 10 or 11, should they even be eligible?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

If they only play eight games (assuming none are canceled due to COVID) and everyone else plays 10 or 11, should they even be eligible?

Let's face it, tOSU is the only team with a chance.  They'll be running up the scores early and often.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

If they only play eight games (assuming none are canceled due to COVID) and everyone else plays 10 or 11, should they even be eligible?

We've let Clemson in all these years playing the ACC.  😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CincySportsFan said:

We've let Clemson in all these years playing the ACC.  😁

Clemson has more titles than the B1G recently. 😎

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CincySportsFan said:

We've let Clemson in all these years playing the ACC.  😁

Based on the playoff game last year, I guess the ACC was a good enough tune up to be ready for the best shot the Big 10 had to offer. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Irish Cat said:

Based on the playoff game last year, I guess the ACC was a good enough tune up to be ready for the best shot the Big 10 had to offer. 

Well, my joke -hence the emoji - (aimed at the Cardinal fan, who I was replying to) obviously went over everybody's head.

I'm going to leave my initial replies for these comments out, as it was not my intention to get into an argument over which team/conference is better than another.

But, going back to Deuce's original comment over number of games...how many times have we seen a team play an FCS team and some other weak out of conference opponents on a regular basis?  So, in reality, aren't they "only playing 8 or 9" real games?  I mean, do we really have to see a 62-7 win over The Citadel/Wofford/Mercer/Furman/etc. to know what the team truly can do?  The answer is, obviously, no.

And just FYI - for the last several years, the teams in the Big 10, Pac 12 and Big 12 all played 9 conference games, while the ACC and SEC each played 8.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2020 at 12:49 PM, TheDeuce said:

If they only play eight games (assuming none are canceled due to COVID) and everyone else plays 10 or 11, should they even be eligible?

I think that’s the best part of the committee and their proverbial “eye-test.”  If we even get to play 8 games, OSU will need to win by a +35 to +40 margin to show they’re one of the top 4 teams pound for pound.  OSU will have to go for 70 a game with no remorse and from what I’m hearing, they will.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, John Anthony said:

I think that’s the best part of the committee and their proverbial “eye-test.”  If we even get to play 8 games, OSU will need to win by a +35 margin to show they’re one of the top 4 teams pound for pound.

I think most probably already think OSU is Top 4. Instead of playing their way in, OSU would be trying not to play their way out, IMO.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

I think most probably already think OSU is Top 4. Instead of playing their way in, OSU would be trying not to play their way out, IMO.

Agreed, but I think they might upset a lot of opposing coaches this year in the B10.  Is what it is, heck, let’s see if we even play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

I think most probably already think OSU is Top 4. Instead of playing their way in, OSU would be trying not to play their way out, IMO.

This really doesn't change anything for them. Ohio State was going to have a cake walk through their schedule to begin with, they are just head and shoulders above everyone else. As you say, they are in the Top 4, they just need to not screw it up the way they seem to do nearly every year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Michigan or any others sitting out this season?

How can you tell?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Michigan or any others sitting out this season?

I thought the rumor was that if any B1G teams play, they are all playing?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using the site you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use Policies.