TheDeuce

BGP QOTD: Pool or Ocean?

Pool or Ocean?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Pool or Ocean

Which do you prefer, the pool or ocean?

For the sake of the poll, with a pool you get a nice sun deck and with the ocean you get the beach. 

For me, it's not even close... Give me a big pool and a nice sun deck eleventy billion times over the beach/ocean. 

I used to love riding the waves in the ocean, but now I'm all about the pool.

I love the sound of an ocean. But there is nothing more annoying than a beach to me. I loathe the sand. Pool wins.

A pool ocean side is the way to go. I was in Mexico in February and hung out at the pool 90% of the time. 10% on the beach.

Love beach, love the ocean.  I’d rather swim in a pool.  There’s no creatures, sand, or seaweed in a pool.

Pool.  The beach is just a mess, seems like sand ends up on everything  you own after a day at the beach. 

Growing up my family weren’t beach people. So that may play a big part of my opinion because I never really experienced it as a kid. But as an adult and having been to the beach multiple times, I honestly have no idea why people enjoy it. There’s nothing you can do at the beach that you can’t do back home in your yard. It’s so boring. I love the ocean and it’s definitely a relaxing environment, but the actual beach part sucks and no one can convince me otherwise. Sand sucks. 209F5B6C-0B48-4851-919B-1880E206A6F0.png.c71e535874c14e4373ace7bd290d09d8.png

13 minutes ago, GrantNKY said:

There’s nothing you can do at the beach that you can’t do back home in your yard. It’s so boring.

About the only thing I can think of is the ability to eat fresh shrimp and crabs.  Can't do that in Kentucky.  That being said for reasons, I'll never understand, my wife loves the beach so I'll be heading down to Hilton Head in about two weeks.  

I loved the beach as a kid and still do enjoy it but on the east coast there's typically not enough waves for surfing or boogie boarding unless a storm is coming.  Also, the older I get the more I like to know what I'm about to step on.  There's a lot of crap in/on our beaches.  So now, sadly it's the pool for me also.

Tough one for me.

I agree with everyone above, 90 percent of everything at the beach sucks. The sand, hauling the chairs, umbrellas and coolers down. It’s no good.

A good Caribbean beach is beautiful though. Tough for me to take a pool over Mexico,Aruba,Jamaica or The Dominican Republic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MBWC41 said:

Tough one for me.

I agree with everyone above, 90 percent of everything at the beach sucks. The sand, hauling the chairs, umbrellas and coolers down. It’s no good.

A good Caribbean beach is beautiful though. Tough for me to take a pool over Mexico,Aruba,Jamaica or The Dominican Republic.

I can agree with that, it certainly depends on the beach.  

If all I was doing was swimming, I would take the pool.

But the sound of the ocean, walking on the beach at night...I vote ocean.

We go to Florida 3-4 times a year.  Haven’t been to the beach there in 15 years.

Depends on the beach, clear calm warm water like St Maarten, I'm all beach.   The typical Atlantic beach with waves and rough water, I will take the pool overlooking the beach.

When we go on vacation, we're at the beach from 9 until 5. Love the sand, waves, the "scenery"😎! If you're on vacation and you only go to the pool.... you're missing the "show"!