2 hours ago, GrantNKY said:

Would never happen. They’d have to work out a deal with the cast member union for that to happen and I think they would end up having to pay the cast members close to $30/ hour on average to make that happen. As someone who worked for Disney, I can promise you they would never do that. Some people in the resorts where the NBA players would be staying would end up making $50-60/ hour if they were to get overtime. The NBA nor Disney is going to foot the bill for that. 

I had no idea Disney employees were part of a union. I assumed they were making around minimum wage.

Thanks.

57 minutes ago, MBWC41 said:

I had no idea Disney employees were part of a union. I assumed they were making around minimum wage.

Thanks.

A really, really strong union at that. Minimum wage for Disney employees is $15 for new hires now. It was $12 something but the $15 started this year. Multiple people I worked with make upwards of $30/hour. There are salaried managers who go ballistic if any of those guys get overtime. I remember one day there was a night where we were working and one of those guys was working as well and had a morning shift the next day. We had a delay getting the boats back to marina by about 2 hours. So he was still on the clock. He was at 10 hours for that day. So 2 hours of time and a half. He had to clock in for his next shift in 7 hours and had another 8 hour shift. So he got time and a half for his first 4 hours the next day and double time for his last 4 hours. All the guy did was drive a boat. I only know all of this from doing a college program at Disney. We weren’t included in the union since we were temporary employees, but the union does a really good job at Disney from my experience working there. No chance Disney and the union would get a deal done that would allow them to keep the employees there in the bubble. They have a program where people can volunteer to work during a hurricane and stay at the resorts for 24-36 hours at a time, but I don’t think it would be feasible to expect that in the NBA bubble. 

I would have to imagine working at/for Disney would not suck. I'd say they take care of their people pretty well. 

7 hours ago, GrantNKY said:

A really, really strong union at that. Minimum wage for Disney employees is $15 for new hires now. It was $12 something but the $15 started this year. Multiple people I worked with make upwards of $30/hour. There are salaried managers who go ballistic if any of those guys get overtime. I remember one day there was a night where we were working and one of those guys was working as well and had a morning shift the next day. We had a delay getting the boats back to marina by about 2 hours. So he was still on the clock. He was at 10 hours for that day. So 2 hours of time and a half. He had to clock in for his next shift in 7 hours and had another 8 hour shift. So he got time and a half for his first 4 hours the next day and double time for his last 4 hours. All the guy did was drive a boat. I only know all of this from doing a college program at Disney. We weren’t included in the union since we were temporary employees, but the union does a really good job at Disney from my experience working there. No chance Disney and the union would get a deal done that would allow them to keep the employees there in the bubble. They have a program where people can volunteer to work during a hurricane and stay at the resorts for 24-36 hours at a time, but I don’t think it would be feasible to expect that in the NBA bubble. 

Would have never guessed that.Good for them...

For the most part, a bargaining committee and representation are a huge plus for hourly employees!

• Like 1

All teams have arrived. 

Gotta love the out of touch mindset of some of these guys. LeBron and Dame comparing this to a prison sentence. Love my dude Ja Morant: “My room is fine. The food is fine. I’m not a silver spoon guy.”

2 hours ago, bugatti said:

All teams have arrived. 

Gotta love the out of touch mindset of some of these guys. LeBron and Dame comparing this to a prison sentence. Love my dude Ja Morant: “My room is fine. The food is fine. I’m not a silver spoon guy.”

I think inmates would probably disagree with that statement. 

15 hours ago, bugatti said:

All teams have arrived. 

Well it's probably LeBron's fault they are playing.

Also, he's a clown. 

Good for Ja, he knows what's up. 

• Like 1

Russell Westbrook posted today that he tested positive for Covid-19.

I am lukewarm on this whole thing getting started. Aside from LeBron I am not sure most of these guys have much to play for. Kawhi you can argue can make a statement with three finals MVPs with three squads but who knows what motivates him. His team has checked out and only half of them playing. The Nets are fielding a JV squad. Lou Will is eating dinner at Magic City. With the pending cap reduction there isn't as much motivation for guys chasing the bag.

On 7/29/2020 at 9:28 AM, bugatti said:

I am lukewarm on this whole thing getting started. Aside from LeBron I am not sure most of these guys have much to play for. Kawhi you can argue can make a statement with three finals MVPs with three squads but who knows what motivates him. His team has checked out and only half of them playing. The Nets are fielding a JV squad. Lou Will is eating dinner at Magic City. With the pending cap reduction there isn't as much motivation for guys chasing the bag.

I don’t disagree with you, but I think there’s enough ego in the league to make these games intriguing. I know I was captivated last night for the first time since the last dance. 

4 minutes ago, SnottieDrippen said:

I don’t disagree with you, but I think there’s enough ego in the league to make these games intriguing. I know I was captivated last night for the first time since the last dance. 

I was too. They've done a nice job with the setup. The longer it goes on will be the test. The Pelicans practically eliminated themselves last night.

9 hours ago, bugatti said:

I was too. They've done a nice job with the setup. The longer it goes on will be the test. The Pelicans practically eliminated themselves last night.

Load management IMO. They start winning games and Zion will be expected to play increasingly more. They were on the outside looking in to begin with. 

How bout this Harden guy?

That court with the video fans in the seats cracks me up but I like it. It was fun watching games again.

I have enjoyed watching the games so far. It hasn't hurt that there have been several rally good games. The one thing I have been amused by is that Adam Sliver fell over himself to get Zion as much exposure (which is good for the league) as he can. First since they were not in the playoffs they come up with this 8 game regular season idea to try and get them past Memphis and into the 8th seed. Personally I would rather see Murray St. alum Ja Morant play (they have rarely been on tv). Next according to the strength of schedule of all the teams in the bubble the commish gave the Pelicans the easiest schedule in the league. Their chances are pretty slim with now losing their first two games back. They are currently down 35 points with still 10 minutes left to play vs the Clippers. It just makes me chuckle I thought I'd share since the game is a blowout.