Pura Vida

Maddie Bell - Missing Ohio Teenager

This will be an episode on Jerry Springer, if he is still on tv.

Has anyone seen her social media videos where she’s videoing her journey and asking for donations? This is just bizarre.

Has anyone seen her social media videos where she’s videoing her journey and asking for donations? This is just bizarre.

As in now, actively doing that? Not before all of the circus show happened?

As in now, actively doing that? Not before all of the circus show happened?

Yup as of now, she posted a video today. I heard she posted another video saying she had $50 to her name.

Yup as of now, she posted a video today. I heard she posted another video saying she had $50 to her name.

She needs a little hardship after what she put her community through, both emotionally and financially.

She needs a little hardship after what she put her community through, both emotionally and financially.

Still doesn’t add up, to leave with no clothes, money, nothing. I’m hoping she simply just didn’t think it through.

Still doesn’t add up, to leave with no clothes, money, nothing. I’m hoping she simply just didn’t think it through.

Agreed, but 18 year old girls can have weird ideas about being whisked away by Prince Charming. She said she was starting a new life, which to her, probably meant leaving everything behind. Prince Charming will take care of everything. All she had to do was leave a letter behind, or make one phone call to mom after she left to avoid all the chaos she caused. Her actions were just plain selfish and stupid. She deserves some type of punishment, the very least of which would be financial hardship. She should have her wages garnished until she makes some kind of restitution to the police force and the FBI,

Agreed, but 18 year old girls can have weird ideas about being whisked away by Prince Charming. She said she was starting a new life, which to her, probably meant leaving everything behind. Prince Charming will take care of everything. All she had to do was leave a letter behind, or make one phone call to mom after she left to avoid all the chaos she caused. Her actions were just plain selfish and stupid. She deserves some type of punishment, the very least of which would be financial hardship. She should have her wages garnished until she makes some kind of restitution to the police force and the FBI,

I’m too many Netflix conspiracies in to think this was about money right?

I’m too many Netflix conspiracies in to think this was about money right?

Lol, no. I am guessing you were never an 18 year old girl. I was and was stupid and selfish at times, but also paid the consequences.

I am more of a Criminal Minds person, and I am glad that she didn’t end up like that.

It takes some real guts or absolute selfishness to be asking for money after the extremely high amount of time and money that was spent looking for her. Unless she's a victim of something that's not being exposed, she is about a selfish as it gets.

I have grown to expect that more from today's youth.

Did she commit a crime? I would agree her actions leave something to be desired. But fining her an amount of money she likely doesn’t have , isn’t going to fix what happened, or whatever her current situation is. Some sort of help or counseling would be way more beneficial than fining her. Putting a financial hardship on her would likely do way more harm than good. And ultimately, what do we want to do....punish her or help her?

I’m more of a Special Victim’s Unit fan. I think that when your mom allows a boyfriend to live with you for 3 to 5 years, starting at age 13 or 15, that’s just strange and weird. Did mom have her daughter’s best interest in mind? Does not sound like it. We don’t know. Maybe she felt she had no other way out. Maybe she did not want to be with the boyfriend that is living in her house, but her own mom gives her no choice.

I’m more of a Special Victim’s Unit fan. I think that when your mom allows a boyfriend to live with you for 3 to 5 years, starting at age 13 or 15, that’s just strange and weird. Did mom have her daughter’s best interest in mind? Does not sound like it. We don’t know. Maybe she felt she had no other way out. Maybe she did not want to be with the boyfriend that is living in her house, but her own mom gives her no choice.

Excellent point.

Who knows what her situation was? Desperate people often do desperate, not well thought out things, especially someone with very little life experience. And given what we know, there were at least a few unusual circumstances regarding her home life. That's why I think dropping the hammer on her is not the correct or necessary path.