Randy Parker

Do you think Buffets will exist two years from now?

I only really went to Chinese buffets and I'll be a little bummed if they are done for good. I know they are kinda gross and I obviously eat way more than I need to but I love getting a bunch of random Chinese.

Ditto.

I think you spelled “gentleman’s clubs around the country” incorrectly.

Probably not the kind of buffet that I'm into.:no:

Does anyone remember the buffet at the intersection of Industrial Road and US 25 in Florence where Skyline Chili is now? I believe it was in the 1960’s

If a vaccine is developed in the next year to year-and-a-half, then this answer obviously changes a lot, but I think they're done for the time being.

A possibility, though, is to have a microwave at the buffet station so people could microwave the food for 15 seconds and kill any of the virus that might be on it (that's what we've been doing with all of our food that we've had delivered).

Another possibility is to give every person something that they could stab the food with (like a big fork) or something like a pizza slicer so they don't have to touch any of the food when they're getting it from the buffet, thus limiting possible spread of the virus.

I think the only issue would be getting it on your hands when you get the food, not when you eat it since all the acid in your stomach kills the virus once you swallow it (or that's at least what my sister told me, but she could be trying to infect me and do the job that the tree couldn't finish :lol2:).

See how quickly the coronavirus can spread in a restaurant in this stomachchurning black light video - MarketWatch

The Twitter video embedded in this Market Watch article leads me to believe that the topic is problematic. It's a live simulation of how a virus might spread on a cruise ship.

Cruise ships will be sailing in the near future?

Edited by Runcible Owl
Link issues

Was just getting on here to post the same article. It highlights how easily something can be transferred from one person to another, if you're not cautious about it. However, they did say at the end of the article that with a few subtle changes, it reduced the spread by 97% in their experiment. The question is...is that enough?

I feel pretty safe in saying that Moonlite Bar-B-Q isn't going away. If they could open tomorrow, I think they would be pretty busy.

See how quickly the coronavirus can spread in a restaurant in this stomachchurning black light video - MarketWatch

The Twitter video embedded in this Market Watch article leads me to believe that the topic is problematic. It's a live simulation of how a virus might spread on a cruise ship.

Cruise ships will be sailing in the near future?

Carnival started booking reservations for August cruises on May 4. From May 4th through 6th, they had a 200% increase in reservations over the same period in 2019.

Carnival started booking reservations for August cruises on May 4. From May 4th through 6th, they had a 200% increase in reservations over the same period in 2019.

The 200% sounds impressive, but what was the actual number of reservations booked? Sometimes percentages can be very misleading.

The 200% sounds impressive, but what was the actual number of reservations booked? Sometimes percentages can be very misleading.

Consider the fact that the 2019 numbers were with no virus. Still amazing, considering.