TheDeuce

Breonna Taylor Killed In Her Apartment by LMPD Officers

2 hours ago, Kentucky Windage said:

So your expectation is perfection. 

Humans are an imperfect creature. 

I expect police departments to employ people whose first instinct is not to use excessive force when faced with a challenging situation. 

If cops not using excessive force is considered perfection, then yes that’s what I expect. 

1 minute ago, TheDeuce said:

I expect police departments to employ people whose first instinct is not to use excessive force when faced with a challenging situation. 

If cops not using excessive force is considered perfection, then yes that’s what I expect. 

Well, then as long as you have a human police force expect more of the same especially when that police force is put into situations where they have to make snap decisions. Compliance is a major issue right now! It's that, or we need to live in a world with zero consequences and lawlessness. 

2 minutes ago, Kentucky Windage said:

Well, then as long as you have a human police force expect more of the same especially when that police force is put into situations where they have to make snap decisions. Compliance is a major issue right now! It's that, or we need to live in a world with zero consequences and lawlessness. 

Agree to disagree.

• Like 1

I quote for a reason. And then the music stops.   If facts stop the the discussion it should probably end the thread.  Acknowledge or stop talking about a job you can't and don't want to do.

No one wants to acknowledge the truth. 

6 hours ago, sportsfan41 said:

I quote for a reason. And then the music stops.   If facts stop the the discussion it should probably end the thread.  Acknowledge or stop talking about a job you can't and don't want to do.

No one wants to acknowledge the truth. 

What are you talking about? 

3 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

What are you talking about? 

I think he's talking about no-knock warrants. And it was more directed at me. 

I read the Tatum report. The Tatum Report doesn't give absolute certainty that the police identified themselves before they began busting into Taylor's place. It does say that they were banging or attempting to bust down the door. I didn't read anything about the police announcing themselves though. 

6 minutes ago, Kentucky Windage said:

I think he's talking about no-knock warrants. And it was more directed at me. 

I read the Tatum report. The Tatum Report doesn't give absolute certainty that the police identified themselves before they began busting into Taylor's place. It does say that they were banging or attempting to bust down the door. I didn't read anything about the police announcing themselves though. 

Yes, you, in part.  It's out there, I believe it may have been the courier journal that reported it.  To be clear,  no knock warrants aren't served with a lot of "banging or attempting to bust down a door".

1 minute ago, sportsfan41 said:

Yes, you, in part.  It's out there, I believe it may have been the courier journal that reported it.  To be clear,  no knock warrants aren't served with a lot of "banging or attempting to bust down a door".

Would you care to enlighten me as to the details of a no knock warrant. You seem to have some knowledge in this area. Not trying to be difficult. Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Kentucky Windage said:

Would you care to enlighten me as to the details of a no knock warrant. You seem to have some knowledge in this area. Not trying to be difficult. Thanks. 

I don't mind at all.  It may be easier to describe a search warrant first.  A search warrant allows for a legal search and seizure of items or persons related to criminal activity.   They are petitioned by law enforcement, typically reviewed first by one or more prosecutors,  then thoroughly reviewed and signed by a Judge.  The search warrant gives law enforcement the authority to search any area or persons, outlined within the search warrant.  The law enforcement officers verbally reads, and leave a copy of said warrant explaining who, what, and why they are there searching.   When serving said warrant, the officers will knock and announce for a "reasonable" amount of time.  Supreme Court says it shouldn't take more than a few seconds for someone to open the door or at least respond verbally, there is some leeway on that time frame. 

A no knock warrant typically carries the same process but requires no announcement.   Law enforcement can pick a lock, ram a door etc and THEN tell whomever,  why they are there.  No knock warrants are typically served when weapons are known or expected to be present.  But more importantly if past activities or statements (fleeing/resisting) would lead a reasonable person, to believe that the sought after individuals may not cooperate.

So, with that said, this was not SERVED AS, a no knock warrant.  The judge did grant them that option.  You said you read the Tatum Report, Breonna Taylor's name was all over it and jail phone calls show that she was holding at least $8,000-14,000 in drug money.  Money that JaMarcus Glover says was never found because Kenneth Walker told him, in jail, that after the shooting it became an officer involved shooting investigation and the Louisville police stopped with their initial search warrant activities.  In my opinion, that was a BIG mistake and further lead to the narrative that police had no reason to be there/found nothing.

• Thanks 2

12. No complaining about the web site, its members, or its management on the forums or in public. If you have a complaint (or if you have any constructive criticism) you need to send an email to theguru@fuse.net and I will get back with you as soon as possible to address the issue. When a moderator warns of possible rule violation or makes a request in a thread, do not ignore the warning/request and do not argue. Ignoring a violation warning, ignoring a moderator request or arguing with a moderator over their enforcement of forum rules may result in your suspension.

1 hour ago, sportsfan41 said:

I don't mind at all.  It may be easier to describe a search warrant first.  A search warrant allows for a legal search and seizure of items or persons related to criminal activity.   They are petitioned by law enforcement, typically reviewed first by one or more prosecutors,  then thoroughly reviewed and signed by a Judge.  The search warrant gives law enforcement the authority to search any area or persons, outlined within the search warrant.  The law enforcement officers verbally reads, and leave a copy of said warrant explaining who, what, and why they are there searching.   When serving said warrant, the officers will knock and announce for a "reasonable" amount of time.  Supreme Court says it shouldn't take more than a few seconds for someone to open the door or at least respond verbally, there is some leeway on that time frame. 

A no knock warrant typically carries the same process but requires no announcement.   Law enforcement can pick a lock, ram a door etc and THEN tell whomever,  why they are there.  No knock warrants are typically served when weapons are known or expected to be present.  But more importantly if past activities or statements (fleeing/resisting) would lead a reasonable person, to believe that the sought after individuals may not cooperate.

So, with that said, this was not SERVED AS, a no knock warrant.  The judge did grant them that option.  You said you read the Tatum Report, Breonna Taylor's name was all over it and jail phone calls show that she was holding at least $8,000-14,000 in drug money.  Money that JaMarcus Glover says was never found because Kenneth Walker told him, in jail, that after the shooting it became an officer involved shooting investigation and the Louisville police stopped with their initial search warrant activities.  In my opinion, that was a BIG mistake and further lead to the narrative that police had no reason to be there/found nothing. 

That make sense to me now why you seemed frustrated. Given the current climate, I can understand the frustration. 

It also makes sense why police may not announce themselves with the suspicion that someone may run, choose to fight,  or destroy evidence. And thanks again for explaining that to me. 

1 minute ago, Kentucky Windage said:

Thanks for clearing that up for me. That make sense to me now why you seemed frustrated. Given the current climate, I can understand the frustration. 

It also makes sense why police may not announce themselves with the suspicion that someone may run or destroy evidence. And thanks again for explaining that to me. 

Likewise.  Frustrations are alleviated with some understanding, so thank you as well.   

20 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

I’ll stop you right there...

Me making a mistake at work doesn’t cost someone their life. Not to mention, most of these incidents aren’t a mistake, they are shooting to kill. 

You don’t get to “make mistakes” that cost lives. There is no amount of error that is acceptable when it comes to that. Perks of the job. 

I think he means who is without sin cast the first stone. 

I also think he means that we need to be a little less judgemental here and see it from both sides, something both sides needs a little lesson on. 

Its not a good situation for sure. No knock warrants are a issue. Drug dealers and associating with them are also a issue. Non compliance is a big issue. 

43 minutes ago, OldnSlow said:

I also think he means that we need to be a little less judgemental here and see it from both sides, something both sides needs a little lesson on. 

Its not a good situation for sure. No knock warrants are a issue. Drug dealers and associating with them are also a issue. Non compliance is a big issue. 

Drop some knowledge on why no knock warrants are an issue.

21 hours ago, OldnSlow said:

FBI ballistics report just came back today.  Investigation is ongoing.