barrel

Open Job: Great Crossing

Per twitter Paul Rains has resigned as HC. It sounds like because he retired from teaching he can’t do anything for 90 days due to a new law.

Ouch. Talk about unfortunate turn of events.

Coach Chappell came in and then left before the season even started last year. Then Rains, who had been his assistant coach, took over. Now Rains is ousted by a law that dis-allows retired teachers to coach for 90 days (or something along that line).

Sounds like the Warhawks are really going to be scrambling for a new coach.

I’m sure they’ll hire from within. Bowling has been there since day one I believe and was the QB coach last year. They promoted another coach to DC not that long ago does it could be two new systems coming in with less coaching time.

Per twitter Paul Rains has resigned as HC. It sounds like because he retired from teaching he can’t do anything for 90 days due to a new law.

Could he not come back and coach as a retired teacher. Coach Hicks did that at Scott Co. for years. Also PLD had to advertise the boys basketball job when coach Chalk retired from teaching just to be the coach.

Could he not come back and coach as a retired teacher. Coach Hicks did that at Scott Co. for years. Also PLD had to advertise the boys basketball job when coach Chalk retired from teaching just to be the coach.

New law says he has to wait 90 days after retirement is the way he explained it. He mentioned stopping by in September to see them.

In looking at the Georgetown newspaper he is retiring from both. The school has already posted the position and will hire as soon as possible.

You have to guess it will be in house. They also named a new DC not that long ago.

What a great coach. I hope he enjoys his retirement. However, I expect to still see him around the game

Who is the DC now?

Simon Vanderpool named DC 4/24

Couldn’t they name an interim until his 90 day wait period is over? May be just a game or two or maybe none if the season is delayed.