Colonels_Wear_Blue

Highlands - 2020 Schedule

On 8/5/2020 at 10:25 AM, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Birds added Mighty Moe to their home schedule last night.

Is this still on the schedule?

14 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Shows Highlands on schedule for 10/30 after Ohio playoffs.

Guess Moe doesn't expect to be playing into the state quarterfinals.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Shows Highlands on schedule for 10/30 after Ohio playoffs.

Ha....well if that'd been a snake it would have bit me.

• Haha 1

From the looks of things with the roster on the KHSAA, junior Isaac Surrey is going to be the starting QB for the Birds. He was the JV quarterback last year, if I'm not mistaken, and senior Jake Fahlbusch who backed up Hollingsworth last year is listed as a wide receiver.

They return their top RB in junior Griffin Richter. Senior RB Joe Buten is notably missing from the Highlands roster on the KHSAA scoreboard...hopefully that's a mistake? He was a game-changer for the Birds offense last year, but he had to sit out for 5 of their 10 games last year due to injury. Buten also had an abbreviated freshman season due to injury. Hoping he hasn't opted off of the football team for 2020.

The Highlands defense gradated their 6 leading tacklers from last season, and 9 of their top 10. That accounts for 326 of their 424 team tackles. Their top returner is senior linebacker Mason South, who had 23 total tackles and 2 interceptions last year.

From what I understand Jake Fahlbusch is getting the nod at Qb. Mason South  has moved to tail back and middle linebacker. Highlands did pick up a game changer in Bryson Cody I haven't heard what positions he'll be playing. 

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Bill W. said:

From what I understand Jake Fahlbusch is getting the nod at Qb. Mason South is has moved to tail back and middle linebacker. Highlands did pick up a game changer in Bryson Cody I haven't heard what positions he'll be playing. 

Cody played as an outside linebacker his freshman and sophomore years, didn't he?

Any word on Buten?

Burns is not playing.  I would assume the sophomore would start at QB.  Strength of team is sophomore class and they need to play to that strength.  If they play this year, expect a .500 record.  Lost way too much for a team that was one game over .500 last year.

15 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Burns is not playing.  I would assume the sophomore would start at QB.  Strength of team is sophomore class and they need to play to that strength.  If they play this year, expect a .500 record.  Lost way too much for a team that was one game over .500 last year.

Burns? Not familiar with a Burns. Was that a phone autocorrect on Buten?

35 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Yea I'm not sure on the record.  I'm hearing the line is the biggest it's been in years. Hopefully with the help of a few sophomores they can improve on that. 

Can anyone advise if the home games will be on You Tube again this year?

On 9/3/2020 at 7:39 PM, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Burns? Not familiar with a Burns. Was that a phone autocorrect on Buten?

That is correct.

On 9/4/2020 at 8:17 AM, Bluebird said:

Can anyone advise if the home games will be on You Tube again this year?

Yes, per the school's Twitter account, "The Highlands High School Broadcasting Program will provide a free live stream of every home varsity football game and as many other varsity sports as their staffing will allow."

https://www.youtube.com/user/HHSFilmAndBroadcast/