gchs_uk9

Ten Best Programs Without a Championship

Madisonville didn’t have any shot to win it all this year. Very over rated, lucky to beat a below .500 team in region semifinals.

Warren Central would have beat them just like they did last season.

Madisonville has zero chance to win four games at Rupp, zero

MNH certainly had a shot to win four games at Rupp, but guess what, we'll never know.

As I said, they didnt have any chance to win four games at state.

If you enjoyed this, I've got something coming real soon that will break down the best teams of each of the ten decades of Kentucky basketball. So if you've ever wondered who the best program of the 1930s was, it is coming!

Tilghman is second in the state in total wins. Sadly, they rank first in first-round losses in the Sweet 16.

Has North Hardin won a title? If not I would think they would be in the top 5

Has North Hardin won a title? If not I would think they would be in the top 5

He uses a formula, so they don't merit it by that. I would say the age of North Hardin hurts it. It only started in 1962, which makes it young compared to some of these. North Hardin didn't do anything for the first 19 years of the school, winning district and region for the first time in 1981. They had the famous 1982 loss in the state title game, but it was their only appearance there. They have only 17 district titles and 12 region titles, which doesn't compare as favorably as some here. And they only have nine total wins in the state tournament. I don't know the specific weights to the formula, but I'd guess having half as many district titles as Highlands despite two extra region titles was the difference.

You'd have been hard pressed to find many programs that did better from 1990 to 2003, when North Hardin had 10 district titles and 9 region titles, but they're much quieter than you'd think in the other 40+ years of the program.