Sign in to follow this  
16thBBall Fan

KHSAA Suspends all Spring Sports Indefinitely

I’d say chances are slim that we see any of the spring sports play at all this year.

This is what Florida high school association release today. Would be nice if khsaa would look at this options for Kentucky.

96F06819-FF86-4748-BED4-1607FF025425.png

This is what Florida high school association release today. Would be nice if khsaa would look at this options for Kentucky.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]70097[/ATTACH]

I don't really see all that much of a difference between the two statements, outside of the mention that Florida may extend the season out to 6/30. Doesn't change any of the uncertainity with the situation.

It’s a shame, we all kind of figured there would be spring sports. Just hope all coaches and players stay healthy at this point.

It’s a shame, we all kind of figured there would be spring sports. Just hope all coaches and players stay healthy at this point.

Well, they haven't said cancelled yet. So while it's tough, coaches have to stay positive, and prepare as if things will get started again. Those that do, will be in the best position if the season does resume.

Would it be out of question if spring sports could start up around May and go to July or August?

I doubt they could go past June 30 without some type of rule amendment. July 1 is the beginning of the new school year and any senior from the previous year would likely be ineligible. And you have to factor in the last week of June is the dead period, although in an extreme circumstance such as this that could probably be modified.

I think the best hope for the spring is playing at best one week of regular season games, meets, and/or matches and then starting the postseason. But I would be very surprised if anything was played.

Wonder at what point we can expect some sort of announcement on spring sports from the KHSAA?

Schools have already been notified. I look for the KHSAA to make it official in the next couple of days.

Schools have already been notified. I look for the KHSAA to make it official in the next couple of days.

It’s official today.

Sign in to follow this