cincydragons

Anyone think they've already had coronavirus?

I think I had it back in Dec. Test negative for flu but still had all the symptoms. They treated as an UPPER RESP infection because of the shortness of breath. I'd swear I had it based on what we see now.

Mrs. doomer had all the symptoms during the holidays. It is the sickest I've seen her, and I was very concerned, and it did not go away quickly, but it did. Maybe, maybe not, but suspicious. What helped her was taking an old prescription for prednisone.

I know 3 guys who work together who attended a convention in LA in Nov. All 3 had an illness between Christmas and New Years consistent with Covid. They had been insisting that they know they had the Corona Virus. This week, all 3 tested as immune. Not saying that this proves they were right, but it does give credence to their claims.

I know 3 guys who work together who attended a convention in LA in Nov. All 3 had an illness between Christmas and New Years consistent with Covid. They had been insisting that they know they had the Corona Virus. This week, all 3 tested as immune. Not saying that this proves they were right, but it does give credence to their claims.

Certainly gives some legitimacy to the idea this has been here longer than we think.

I hear stories like this and my first question is did anyone else they came in contact with get sick? We have seen how contagious this is, to the extent that quarantine is necessary. How do three infected guys go on their merry way for over a month during the holidays and not infect others? If they truly had CV19, many people they know should also have become very ill and someone they know should have been hospitalized. The immunity test results support their story. If they did have it and got it in November, the most fascinating part is how they didn't infect others.

If they truly had CV19, many people they know should also have become very ill and someone they know should have been hospitalized.

Not necessarily. From the CDC:

Cumulative COVID-19-associated hospitalization rates since March 1, 2020, are updated weekly. The overall cumulative hospitalization rate is 40.4 per 100,000, with the highest rates in people 65 years and older (131.6 per 100,000) and 50-64 years (63.7 per 100,000).

COVIDView Weekly Summary | CDC

At 40.4 per 100,000 hospitalization rate, it seems very possible that they could have spread it and not know anyone seriously ill enough to need to be hospitalized. Especially if they didn't not have much contact with older people.

I hear stories like this and my first question is did anyone else they came in contact with get sick? We have seen how contagious this is, to the extent that quarantine is necessary. How do three infected guys go on their merry way for over a month during the holidays and not infect others? If they truly had CV19, many people they know should also have become very ill and someone they know should have been hospitalized. The immunity test results support their story. If they did have it and got it in November, the most fascinating part is how they didn't infect others.

They could have infected dozens of people, and those other people were asymptomatic.

I agree with you. I poo pooed their claims. However, they had classic symptoms and haven’t been sick since. Makes you wonder. Personally I hope it’s true and that maybe far more people have been exposed and showed no symptoms. Hope I am one of them.

To me it is scarier to think they didn't have Covid when they were sick because if not and the antibodies were a result of asymptomatic bouts with Covid then each of them had something else nasty over the holidays that is probably still floating around.

To me it is scarier to think they didn't have Covid when they were sick because if not and the antibodies were a result of asymptomatic bouts with Covid then each of them had something else nasty over the holidays that is probably still floating around.

There are two strains of Covid floating around, L and S. The S is believed to have hit the west coast while the L strain (which came from Italy and is believed to be more contagious) is what hit NYC area. So hopefully there isn't two waves coming at us.

Three out of eight of my crewmembers fell ill with something similar to Covid in early January. It's why I said earlier that this thing has already made the rounds and possibly lends credence as to why Kentucky hasn't been hit as bad as other areas.

I tested positive last Wednesday. My wife (who works in a hospital) has been living on a separate floor of the house from me, and has tested negative twice since then, but she spiked a fever last night and is going in for a test later today...we're assuming she has it now. I have an aunt and uncle who both tested positive yesterday, a friend who tested positive along with his wife, and his mom who watches their toddler-aged twin daughters also tested positive.

I've got another half dozen folks I know who have had it already, plus a few more folks I know who have it.

I personally got it from a coworker...4 of the 6 folks in our office have tested positive since she got it from her boyfriend, who was one of 8 team members on his adult soccer league team to come down with it. Their team name? "Heroes without Masks." I can think of a lot of things I'd like to say to that bunch of crap-stains right now.

45 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I tested positive last Wednesday. My wife (who works in a hospital) has been living on a separate floor of the house from me, and has tested negative twice since then, but she spiked a fever last night and is going in for a test later today...we're assuming she has it now. I have an aunt and uncle who both tested positive yesterday, a friend who tested positive along with his wife, and his mom who watches their toddler-aged twin daughters also tested positive.

I've got another half dozen folks I know who have had it already, plus a few more folks I know who have it.

I personally got it from a coworker...4 of the 6 folks in our office have tested positive since she got it from her boyfriend, who was one of 8 team members on his adult soccer league team to come down with it. Their team name? "Heroes without Masks." I can think of a lot of things I'd like to say to that bunch of crap-stains right now.

Hey at least they had a "clever" name for their little soccer team, right? They really showed us...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

First, prayers to you and all those impacted.

That is a terrible story. Do the "Heroes without Masks" have regrets or are they doubling down saying COVID is no big deal?