Colonels_Wear_Blue

Beechwood - 2020 Schedule

On 8/8/2020 at 10:36 AM, colonel-fan said:

Playing devils advocate, what makes it a strong schedule?

Beechwood will be heavy favorites in the district games. 

In the non district games, all but one would be a toss up? And I would lean towards the Tigers in most of those.

Is it because 5 of the 6 non-district schools are in bigger classes than Beechwood?

I’d say based on the games all being higher classes that it makes it a strong schedule. Regardless of the tigers always being a good team, the bigger schools will almost always more than likely give them very tough games. More subs, more pool of players, less 2 way players. I am a tiger fan so I hope for a great season, and love adding the tough opponents, it gives them an idea of what they’ll face in playoffs. As far as districts go, I don’t see any team being very close to the tigers.  

13 hours ago, ImJustHere said:

I’d say based on the games all being higher classes that it makes it a strong schedule. Regardless of the tigers always being a good team, the bigger schools will almost always more than likely give them very tough games. More subs, more pool of players, less 2 way players. I am a tiger fan so I hope for a great season, and love adding the tough opponents, it gives them an idea of what they’ll face in playoffs. As far as districts go, I don’t see any team being very close to the tigers.  

I'd say that, plus the fact that they're going to Corbin, Meade Co, Cov Cath, etc. makes it difficult.  I'd say it's harder to win those toss-up games when you're on the road.

• Like 2

On 8/9/2020 at 7:47 PM, ImJustHere said:

Are Ryle and Meade County better competition than Paintsville and Somerset just because they're larger schools?  

2 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

Are Ryle and Meade County better competition than Paintsville and Somerset just because they're larger schools?  

That’s a good question, that I’d have to look into more. I’d say neither of those schools are better than Somerset, but Paintsville would be closer to those two than Somerset if I had to guess. My point was more so the fact that they didn’t look for other 2A or even 1A schools nearby that would be walks in the park to just fill the schedule. 

Refresh my memory. Does a team get more points in the KHSAA formula for beating a good 1A school or an average 6A school? Is this schedule put together to win home field advantage in the playoffs?

32 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Refresh my memory. Does a team get more points in the KHSAA formula for beating a good 1A school or an average 6A school? Is this schedule put together to win home field advantage in the playoffs?

Would like to know the answer to this as well. I have a feeling playing up a class gives some incentive, but so does playing strong competition. Anyone with better knowledge able to inform us?