Tkinslow

Will there be high school football this fall?

1 hour ago, Tigerpride94 said:

That’s good news. I would be ticked if I was LaSalle if they cancel in 5 days after being added.

That works both ways.  Regardless of where you are at, you have no idea what tomorrow holds regarding Covid.  The situation is totally fluid and changes day by day.  At this point you have to assume that you'll be playing, and as such you plan accordingly.  If you sit and wait, you'll be way behind the curve and not ready once you get the final ok. A cancellation in this case is completely out of the coaches control, and teams agreeing to play each other know that nothing is written in stone at this point.

I see several people on here talking like because of recommendation of a delayed start of in person instruction that there can not be sports. I don't about some districts but Fayette is starting totally online instruction on Aug. 26 but as of now if the KHSAA don't make any changes they are having fall sports as are the other ones here in central KY.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

I see several people on here talking like because of recommendation of a delayed start of in person instruction that there can not be sports. I don't about some districts but Fayette is starting totally online instruction on Aug. 26 but as of now if the KHSAA don't make any changes they are having fall sports as are the other ones here in central KY.

I agree. Down here in Hillsborough County (Tampa, FL) we're schedule to start the first week of school on August 24th online. But our county AD made the statement a couple of weeks ago when our School Board made the decision to do the first four weeks online that Fall sports including football would still begin fall practice on the August 24th if the FHSAA sticks with that starting date. So I don't know if online learning or face to face learning is going to stop some school districts from playing their fall sport. 

• Like 3

Our KY HS football coaches have been united, working together to have workouts and do our best to protect the vulnerable. Overall, we have been successful in doing so. I believe we will play this fall. 

• Like 6

For those states that are local to Kentucky and are playing (Ohio, Indiana, Tennessee), has anyone seen any attendance requirements/limitations for fans? I'm curious if that will be a state athletic association rule or will be decided by individual schools and local health departments? The same question will be applied to Kentucky in a few weeks, too.

thought KHSAA were supposed to receive healthy at sports guidelines this week? Can’t be a good sign those haven’t came out yet. 

39 minutes ago, WKY_Football said:

thought KHSAA were supposed to receive healthy at sports guidelines this week? Can’t be a good sign those haven’t came out yet. 

Might come out after meeting on 20th.

Several WKY schools are looking to start in person classes with virtual as an option.  

13 hours ago, LongTimeReader said:

I agree. Down here in Hillsborough County (Tampa, FL) we're schedule to start the first week of school on August 24th online. But our county AD made the statement a couple of weeks ago when our School Board made the decision to do the first four weeks online that Fall sports including football would still begin fall practice on the August 24th if the FHSAA sticks with that starting date. So I don't know if online learning or face to face learning is going to stop some school districts from playing their fall sport. 

Hillsborough's mandate has changed because the state stepped in and overruled the school board. On August 24, Hillsborough County will start classes online, but will offer an in-person schooling option beginning August 31.

9 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

Florida is playing high school football. 

The season is supposed to start on September 4th, but the FHSAA has mandated that a program cannot start their season after September 18th and still be eligible for the state championship. 

Last Wednesday, the Miami-Dade school board voted unanimously to consider the option to leave the FHSAA and play their season when they see fit, playing for their own championship. Broward and Palm Beach Counties may also join Miami-Dade as well as other south Florida school districts. 

By the way, this is nothing new between Miami-Dade and the FHSAA. The City/County has accused the state organization of playing favorites with north Florida and the panhandle for years. 

If I saw the news report correctly Utah has started HS football. Game was played with limited attendance. Players had their own water bottles and were spread out a little more. I am sure other protocols were followed. 

Let our games begin!!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, gchs_uk9 said:

For those states that are local to Kentucky and are playing (Ohio, Indiana, Tennessee), has anyone seen any attendance requirements/limitations for fans? I'm curious if that will be a state athletic association rule or will be decided by individual schools and local health departments? The same question will be applied to Kentucky in a few weeks, too.

The Indiana High School Athletic Association has revealed COVID-19 guidelines for all schools that will participate in fall sports, including the restrictions on fans.

The IHSAA says fans will be allowed to attend events this fall, but each set of bleachers will be capped at 50% capacity or 250 people, whichever comes first.

Families will be able to sit together but must be six feet away from another family.

• Like 1