Tkinslow

Will there be high school football this fall?

Oklahoma returning sports June 1st with no special Covid restrictions.

Given the guidelines for starting back youth sports released yesterday, I see no way that we're having football this year.

Given the guidelines for starting back youth sports released yesterday, I see no way that we're having football this year.

Can you tell me what the guidelines are? Thanks.

Yes, but guidelines have been known to change.

The Link Policy reads in part:

III. When any member posts a link to a 3rd party website, that link MUST be accompanied by meaningful commentary in the post explaining why the link has been shared. This is intended to provide insight about the link without forcing anyone to leave BGP in order to understand the subject matter, as well as continuing to generate organic discussion in the thread rather than completely directing attention elsewhere. Meaningful commentary could include questions (one simple question will not be sufficient) intended to stem discussion, it can be some personal observations about the topic of the link, or it could simply be a summary in the member’s own words about what is contained in the link.

Can you elaborate on why you feel that way? Most feel the opposite.

NFHS pushes for more non-contact sports this fall.

Just here to reiterate my response to the question posed to start the thread. YES!

Schools just need to develop and communicate the precautions that they will be taking, temp checks, cleaning frequency, etc... and have the parent sign a waiver releasing the school of coronavirus related liability and play Football! Everyone that still wants to stay hunkered down at home can keep their kids home and let the rest move on with their life.

Can you tell me what the guidelines are? Thanks.

youthsports.jpg

How do you eliminate the sharing of a ball?

I don't know but I have seen a couple of important women on TV telling me (us) not to touch other's balls. :idunno:

That is where things may be today. All subject to change.