Tkinslow

Will there be high school football this fall?

Teams would still benefit from being able to install their playbooks, lift together, go over concepts, condition, work on timing, etc. Otherwise you’re looking at doing most of that in a shortened window in a shortened season.

It looks like Indiana is going to start sports back up around July 1. That’s still a bit off so who knows. Of courses that’s not KY either.

Sorry Indiana is starting school sponsored activities which many believe means sports or are a good sign for sports.

I listened in to a Google Meet Conference with somebody who I believe has a very good idea about what is going on with this season. He said that he believes that they will be playing this fall, who will be in the stands is up for question but they will get to play football nonetheless. No words on shortening of schedule, but did say there are no indication just yet of not having a season!

I will post this here because it relates to sports reopening. Taiwan pro baseball is open playing games with fans present. Limit of 1,000 fans, seated at least 3 seats apart, no concession stands and not allowed to bring food to the stadium.

Unfortunately we lost two more members that refuse to follow our Terms of Service.

From past warnings:

I am to the end of my rope on warning people for political posts. We have had 15 violations in the last three days for people posting about politics. I don't see any other choice but to suspend members that persist with posting about politics. This is your last warning.

Again that means nothing about any governors (or use of the word Governor), Andy, President, Trump, Cuomo, Putin, Beshear, Kim Jong-un, Obamacare, Boris Johnson, Rand Paul, etc. We have had all those in the last few days.

We have lost four more members since I posted this a week ago due to members wanting to talk about Politics. We have had Cuomo again, governor more than once, elections, and now members starting to say things like blah blah blah I can't say it here because I don't want to violate the rules blah blah blah when the member is clearly referring to politics. We are going to start suspending for that too.

Collectively we all have a decision to make because our current path is unsustainable.

I will post this here because it relates to sports reopening. Taiwan pro baseball is open playing games with fans present. Limit of 1,000 fans, seated at least 3 seats apart, no concession stands and not allowed to bring food to the stadium.

No concession or able to bring food in? That’s tough.

No concession or able to bring food in? That’s tough.

No peanuts or cracker jacks.

It seems without paying fans the athletic departments will be in a similar financial issue whether they have the season or not. No tv revenue like college. Although the KHSAA will benefit from the championship games if fans allowed in larger venue. Obviously kids greatly benefit by getting back on the field again and not loosing one of only four years to play.

No concessions? I have been overwhelmed with the gloom and doom negativity on here but just exactly how are football and band programs supposed to make it without any financial assistance. You remove financial sustainability, you remove sports. Remove sports and charter schools are the only option.

No concessions? I have been overwhelmed with the gloom and doom negativity on here but just exactly how are football and band programs supposed to make it without any financial assistance. You remove financial sustainability, you remove sports. Remove sports and charter schools are the only option.

I wouldn't get too caught up in doom and gloom. At this point in time a week is like a month, a month like a year. Unless things take a big turn for the worse life should be business as usual come fall.

Man I hope there is football! I think we will for sure, Fingers crossed!

I hope there’s football as well I’m pretty tired of all of this and ready for it to be over with.

I feel less optimistic now, talk about a swing of emotions.