Tkinslow

Will there be high school football this fall?

Everyone is voting Yes and Alvis Johnson asked for a clarification on what they are voting for.  I am glad he did.

The motion is for the KDE to send the KHSAA a letter urging additional considerations of alternative options for high contact sports.  I believe that ultimately means the KDE wants the KHSAA to consider delaying more. 

I'm not a drinker, but if I was, I would play a game where you take a drink every time the word "conversation" is used.

1 minute ago, Randy Parker said:

They might not have to?  That shocks me.

It had to do with breathing and how intense cheerleading is, I forget the exact term he used. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, theguru said:

Everyone is voting Yes and Alvis Johnson asked for a clarification on what they are voting for.  I am glad he did.

The motion is for the KDE to send the KHSAA a letter urging additional considerations of alternative options for high contact sports.  I believe that ultimately means the KDE wants the KHSAA to consider delaying more. 

He got lost during Hour 2 of that one lady's comments. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, theguru said:

I took it as they wanted the letter to address concerns related to their conversation today but didn’t take it as wanting to delay. 

Moreso additions to the document that was sent out by KHSAA yesterday.

The sky still falling, or no?

Just now, TheDeuce said:

Doesn’t look like it. Looks like we are safe for now. 

That's time I'll never get back.  I kept watching thinking something would have to come out of this meeting. As it stands, I'm not sure what the meeting was about, or what the next steps are going to be.

All I can think about is the movie A Few Good Men and Demi Moore saying "I strenously object"

• Like 4

1 minute ago, WKY_Football said:

I took it as they wanted the letter to address concerns related to their conversation today but didn’t take it as wanting to delay. 

I believe most of those board members talked in code.  None of them want to be the one to say shut it down.  Frankly, Commissioner Tackett answered every question and had to explain everything to them.  I don't see how that group is in any informed position to request the KHSAA Board of Control to do anything. 

With all that said it was mostly a bunch of general blah blah blah so I don't believe any of the Board of Control members should or would be very compelled to act based on anything that took place today.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

No.

1 minute ago, rjs4470 said:

That's time I'll never get back.  I kept watching thinking something would have to come out of this meeting. As it stands, I'm not sure what the meeting was about, or what the next steps are going to be.

Image result for that makes two of us gif

Like everybody, I’ll be interested in what’s in this letter to be sent.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WKY_Football said:

Doesn’t look like it. Looks like we are safe for now. 

We are safe right up until about 6 p.m. on 9/11.  Then we'll cancel.