Tkinslow

Will there be high school football this fall?

i enjoyed listening to Coach Buchanan, and I sure hope that he is right.

Sincere and Passionate, and I think he speaks for all of he players and coaches who have been working towards having a season since back in June.

Please give it a chance, and then evaluate.  Somebody said it best at the KHSAA BOC meeting.  At some point in the season we may have to stop.  BUT, you can't stop unless you start - Let 'em play!!! 

• Like 2

Is this Meeting going to be live and where the public can watch like the KHSAA meetings?

Guys I’m so sick of this they were never going to let them play every time one group approves there’s 3 more waiting to shut it down and these people most of the time don’t have any clue about anything.

Sorry if this has been discussed, but is there a set protocol for teams to follow if and when there are cases? I was surprised to see it’s been handled differently by the few teams that have dealt with it so far. Seems like there should be some agreed upon standard for all schools. 

1 hour ago, Cheese said:

Is this Meeting going to be live and where the public can watch like the KHSAA meetings?

Should be. I’ll be looking for link to meeting on Friday.

I've seen agendas like this before, the decision has already been made. The meeting is just a formality. 

Someone called KDE and the lady there said they are being swamped with phone calls and emails. People making their voice heard.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Have we learned any lessons? The sky was falling before Thursday but then it worked out. The sky was falling before Monday but then it worked out. Before we immediately say the sky is falling and preemptively blame yet another institution, should we wait and see if it works out?

This.

2 hours ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Should be. I’ll be looking for link to meeting on Friday.

Kentucky Board of Education to hold special virtual meeting Aug. 28

(FRANKFORT, KY) – The Kentucky Board of Education (KBE) will hold a special virtual teleconference meeting at 12 p.m. ET on Aug. 28.

Pursuant to Executive Order 2020-243 and a memorandum issued by the Finance and Administration Cabinet dated March 16, 2020, and in an effort to prevent the spread of novel coronavirus (COVID-19), the Kentucky Board of Education will meet utilizing a video teleconference. Members of the public will not be permitted to attend the meeting in person, but are encouraged to view the meeting on the Kentucky Department of Education's (KDE) Media Portal.

You already have precedents taking place in other states.  If they can do it why can’t Kentucky?  I don’t understand! 😩

12 hours ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Have we learned any lessons? The sky was falling before Thursday but then it worked out. The sky was falling before Monday but then it worked out. Before we immediately say the sky is falling and preemptively blame yet another institution, should we wait and see if it works out?

Well said gchs, I am trying to focus on the positive too.  This too shall pass...

3 hours ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Someone called KDE and the lady there said they are being swamped with phone calls and emails. People making their voice heard.

I sent an email to every Board member. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The KDE line goes straight to voicemail.  Hopefully everyone is getting their messages in and are being heard.  Sports has been a live saver for my son, ripping it away after they've done everything asked of them is cruel and unfair.  We know the risks of playing vs not playing, not playing has a far graver impact on a lot of children than playing.

11 minutes ago, rjksl said:

The KDE line goes straight to voicemail.  Hopefully everyone is getting their messages in and are being heard.  Sports has been a live saver for my son, ripping it away after they've done everything asked of them is cruel and unfair.  We know the risks of playing vs not playing, not playing has a far graver impact on a lot of children than playing.

I called 502-564-3141 and just hit 0.  The lady that answered didn't even say Hello.  She just said, "Are you calling to voice support and to say "let them play?"  Haha.  She said that she alone has already fielded over 400 calls this morning in support of letting them play.  

I also emailed every member:

https://education.ky.gov/KBE/memb/Pages/default.aspx

Let Them Play!

• Like 1

NKYFL and LYFL leagues both have cancelled.  I know this is a HS topic, but still very sad for those young athletes.