Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

 The science make sense but why has every other country in the world been able to contain this without wearing goggles?

Let the record reflect that VoR believes the same "science" used as a justification to wear masks also makes sense as a justification to wear goggles.

Honestly, I didn't know every other country in the world had The Rona contained.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, swamprat said:

Mrs. S is doing better with her pneumonia, but must remain isolated for another 6-8 weeks.

Many people, not doctors, have been egging her to get tested for Covid-19. So she asked again. The doctor again stated that he did not want her to get tested for Covid-19 saying she does not have any of the symptoms and getting tested was unnecessary. Doing so "just clutters the testing and causes the numbers to be messed up."

I'm just a child star, but it seems odd that the doctor is so resistant to her getting tested.  I don't see what it could hurt.  

Regardless, glad she's feeling better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, theguru said:

Let the record reflect that VoR believes the same "science" used as a justification to wear masks also makes sense as a justification to wear goggles.

Honestly, I didn't know every other country in the world had The Rona contained.

Science also tells us the best form of birth control is abstinence, but other safe measures are encouraged, though nothing is full proof 🙂

The Rona is nowhere contained worldwide, but we are the Washington Generals of COVID-19 responses, so in comparison I would say it is contained.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Randy Parker said:

I'm just a child star, but it seems odd that the doctor is so resistant to her getting tested.  I don't see what it could hurt.  

Regardless, glad she's feeling better.

Thank you.

Doc M does not believe in giving unnecessary tests for any reason other than a physical. We like that about him. That's why when he says I need a particular test or procedure, I don't look for a second opinion. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, theguru said:

Let the record reflect that VoR believes the same "science" used as a justification to wear masks also makes sense as a justification to wear goggles.

Honestly, I didn't know every other country in the world had The Rona contained.

OK, I will clarify/qualify that for you. Every other country in the world has contained the virus better than the US, although Brazil is making a run at us. We need to keep those bars open to hold onto #1.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, theguru said:

 

 

Tony is very clear about this, we should be wearing goggles according to him.

That is how it works, brow-beat everyone into wearing masks and then tell them it is time to start wearing goggles. 

I am being serious here, I wonder what is next...

Scuba suits.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

OK, I will clarify/qualify that for you. Every other country in the world has contained the virus better than the US, although Brazil is making a run at us. We need to keep those bars open to hold onto #1.

What if everyone's numbers are wrong? The simple answer is no countries numbers are correct with this and they all accumulate deaths and positive cases differently, so its hard to compare it that way. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/30/2020 at 5:34 PM, Irish Cat said:

If they require those, I'm screwed cause a can't find anything at the grocery without my glasses and I really doubt any goggles would work with the glasses.  
 

I wear glasses too.  At my hospital, we have to wear goggles over glasses.  It is not a problem.

That being said, masks protects others, goggles protects you.  Don’t think goggles should be required.

When we do Covid tests, we have to wear a plastic gown, an N95 mask with a regular mask over it, plus a face shield.  It is so darn hot, plus steaming up the face shield, I can’t see to do my work, and can barely breathe.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, JDEaston said:

What if everyone's numbers are wrong? The simple answer is no countries numbers are correct with this and they all accumulate deaths and positive cases differently, so its hard to compare it that way. 

It isn't even close JD. No one is within 2 million cases and only one country (Brazil) is within 50% of the death totals of the US. The US has 3 times the deaths of the #3 country in the world. When the numbers gap is that wide, the excuses all fall to the wayside. Face it. The US is the worst in the world at managing this virus and it isn't close. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

It isn't even close JD. No one is within 2 million cases and only one country (Brazil) is within 50% of the death totals of the US. The US has 3 times the deaths of the #3 country in the world. When the numbers gap is that wide, the excuses all fall to the wayside. Face it. The US is the worst in the world at managing this virus and it isn't close. 

But again how do you know? Our numbers should be near the top just due to the sheer number of people, as well as how much Americans travel within the country as well as outside of it. Throw in a bunch of false positives as well as duplicate positives due to infected people being tested daily at times, yet it still counts as a new positive case until they test negative, most countries aren't testing and reporting numbers that way. Don't get me started on deaths and what the people in Illinois said was being included in that instance. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JDEaston said:

But again how do you know? Our numbers should be near the top just due to the sheer number of people, as well as how much Americans travel within the country as well as outside of it. Throw in a bunch of false positives as well as duplicate positives due to infected people being tested daily at times, yet it still counts as a new positive case until they test negative, most countries aren't testing and reporting numbers that way. Don't get me started on deaths and what the people in Illinois said was being included in that instance. 

 

No one, I repeat no one, can hold a candle to you when it comes to excuses, denial, ignoring what you don't like, etc. Everything in that post is an exercise in denial because you don't want some obvious facts to be real. I know, I know...what are the facts, blah, blah, blah.

Throw away every false positive, non COVID death, etc and the US is still the worst in the world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

No one, I repeat no one, can hold a candle to you when it comes to excuses, denial, ignoring what you don't like, etc. Everything in that post is an exercise in denial because you don't want some obvious facts to be real. I know, I know...what are the facts, blah, blah, blah.

Throw away every false positive, non COVID death, etc and the US is still the worst in the world.

How do you know that? You must be a lot better than I when it comes to predicting actual numbers. If you can give me accurate numbers on this virus from all different methods countries around the world use to report it then you should also play the lottery, you may win big.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JDEaston said:

How do you know that? You must be a lot better than I when it comes to predicting actual numbers. If you can give me accurate numbers on this virus from all different methods countries around the world use to report it then you should also play the lottery, you may win big.

I trust science. I believe people take pride in their jobs. They recognize people's lives are at stake and do their best to report accurate numbers. They don't make things up and risk losing their jobs.

But I get it. When the numbers are as bad as they are you have to attack them. Even if they are half accurate, the picture they paint is just too ugly for the way you want the world to be.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My son was diagnosed today.  I officially know someone personally with the virus.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Beechwoodfan said:

My son was diagnosed today.  I officially know someone personally with the virus.

Sorry to hear that. Prayers for a full and quick recovery.

How are he and the rest of your family doing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information