Sign in to follow this  
Randy Parker

Simon Kenton 55 Grant County 51 (32nd District Championship)

Great game start to finish. Grant was down 2 with 14 seconds left with the ball and a chance to tie or win it. Defensive pressure by SK allowed Niece to get a steal and then a open lane to the basket on the other end. Looked like a "and 1" opportunity but the foul was called on the floor. Niece goes to the line with 8 seconds remaining to shoot two. That gym was likely never as loud as it was with him at the line. "The Bucket" Niece drained both to put the game out of reach for Grant. Awesome atmosphere and the reason we all love basketball in KY.

I was wrong on this one, but congrats to Simon Kenton. I wish both luck in the 8th region tourney.

Great game start to finish. Grant was down 2 with 14 seconds left with the ball and a chance to tie or win it. Defensive pressure by SK allowed Niece to get a steal and then a open lane to the basket on the other end. Looked like a "and 1" opportunity but the foul was called on the floor. Niece goes to the line with 8 seconds remaining to shoot two. That gym was likely never as loud as it was with him at the line. "The Bucket" Niece drained both to put the game out of reach for Grant. Awesome atmosphere and the reason we all love basketball in KY.

It sure looked like he had gathered for the shot. It was a great team effort by SK.

Congrats to the Pioneers! Great win. Wish I could have been in multiple places at once; this one sounds like it was one to see.

CM

Sign in to follow this