Sign in to follow this  
PurplePride92

Danville 53 Boyle County 51 (45th District Semifinals)

Final from Lincoln County.

Aden Slone hits two free throws with 4.3 left to win the game for Danville.

Darrian Bell took over in the second half for Danville. Outstanding game. Congrats to the Ads!

Whew. Ads had to grind it out. Good to see them advance. Hopefully this will generate some positive momentum the rest of the way.

Boyle was up 15 at halftime in this one. Darrian Bell is an outstanding player for Danville. He just wills that team forward.

Finally made it home.

First and foremost congrats to the Ads on a hard fought victory that I didn’t see coming after watching the first half. Everything changed during a scrum for a loose ball between Owen Barnes and Darrian Bell. Barnes was given a technical foul after the scrum and Darrian proceeded to will his team to victory after that. Bell finished with 17 boards and everyone in the gym felt all 17 of those boards. Big players show up in big moments and Darrian did just that.

Now, a lot of mixed emotions for me from this game. My life story cannot be told without Dennie Webb and Darryl Adams being a part of that story. My life story also cannot be told without the Slone family being a part of that story. The love I have for all of them is unconditional and I knew some people I love will be hurting after the loss tonight. Dennie and Darryl were on the losing end tonight and I am grateful I was able to give them hugs after the game. I love those guys and I always will.

Being able to watch Aden Slone hit those game winning free throws is a memory that I will cherish forever and I know his family will as well. I couldn’t be more proud of Aden and the player and person he is becoming. I live 10 minutes away from Rupp, Aden. I plan to come watch you work.

Grant Hotchkiss player his last basketball game tonight for Boyle County and I couldn’t be more proud of him as well. Like Dennie and Darryl my life story cannot be told without Grant Hotchkiss being in it. From watching Grant work his way into the starting lineup to watching him will himself onto the court to play through pain for his team I will ALWAYS be grateful that I know Grant Hotchkiss and his family. Outstanding young man with a very bright future ahead of him. Thank you for the memories, Grant!!!!!

Luke Sheperson has become one of my all time favorite players at Boyle County. Love that kid to death and I will see him on the gridiron and the court next year when he is a senior. Kids like him are a joy to follow.

Luke Imfeld is a player. Period. I expect him to take over the 12th Region the next two years. Player.

Congrats again to the Ads! I’m happy for Ed and the crew. The hard game has been won. Good luck tomorrow night and good luck at region!

Was hoping Dennie and his squad could hold on.

Regardless, congrats to Danville and good luck in the 12th.

Aiden stepped up big and calmly sunk some big time free throws. Great Win over a Boyle team that has improved.

Sign in to follow this