2 hours ago, CardinalsFan said:

Wait...Boone County is not ALLOWING them to play Elder?  Why?  Nothing in the KHSAA regs prevent that game from taking place.

-CardinalsFan

Entirely possible that a school district would tell it's schools they couldn't play against out-of-state opponents, no matter what the KHSAA allows.

I have no information to support Boone County is denying them to play, just common sense. If teams are forced to create a shortened schedule, out of state games seem to be the first to cut. 

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

I am curious about this also. The only guess I have is Boone Co. Schools say no out of state opponents?

I believe the no out of state opponents is the case.

2 hours ago, CardinalsFan said:

Wait...Boone County is not ALLOWING them to play Elder?  Why?  Nothing in the KHSAA regs prevent that game from taking place.

-CardinalsFan

Their initial revised schedule still had Elder on it. It can only be that the Boone County District isn't letting it happen. 

On 8/16/2020 at 3:27 PM, NKYRaider said:

The notion that games are being dropped because of fear is ludicrous. Ryle has gone out of their way to play top competition (Elder, Indy Cathedral, Colerain, CovCath, Highlands, Scott Cty to name a few). I don’t believe many CovCath or Elder fans believe this year’s team is better than last year’s and Ryle played both of those games on the road.

Over the last 3 seasons, the Raiders have only 3 wins against teams that finished with winning records (Campbell County and Simon Kenton in 2017, none in 2018, and Conner in 2019). Last season, Ryle lost by an average score of 48 - 9 against the trio of Scott County, Elder, and CovCath. A solid case could be made for the Ryle staff to dial down the schedule difficulty a notch or two. 

I don't think Ryle will dial down future schedules, they have a lot in the pipeline as far as talent goes and will be very good sooner than everyone thinks.