Getslow

Georgia Tech 64 Louisville 58

I don't think we'll see David Johnson start the next game on the bench. After yet another slow start, Louisville finally drops one.

It was a perfect circle as well as once Johnson fouled out with Louisville down two and with a possession to tie the game, Fresh Kimble immediately dribbled into traffic and turned the ball over.

None of which is to excuse the fact that the preseason Player of the Year, Jordan Nwora, has six total points in two games against Ga. Tech this season.

As a team, they shot a pathetic 3-24 from the three-point line, including 1-8 by Ryan McMahon who, when he isn't hitting long-range shots, is just a step above having a traffic cone on the floor.

Let's see how they regroup. Instead of strengthening their hold on the league, they've dropped a dumb one and put themselves back in position to lose this lead.

At Clemson Saturday. Ugh.

Bad loss to say in the least. They were bound to lose at some point the way they have played their last several games.

And why were they fouling Alvarado at the end? Deny him the ball. Let a worse FT shooter take the pass. And why have Johnson commit the foul - and thus foul out - when he was about their only offensive threat down the late stretch? For a team laden with old, experienced guys, UL fails to bring it a lot. Where's the leadership?

They have been trying to lose a game for two weeks.

Nwora still is not the player he needs to be. This guy is going to play in the NBA next year?

Johnson not starting is inexcusable at this point.

They immediately gave away the cushion Duke just gave them by beating FSU. After losing to GT, they could lose out. I expect them to lose at Clemson Saturday now.

And why did Mack bail on zone in that one possession when they were soo close at the end? It was one of those games where I kept questioning my sanity to choose watching 40 minutes of dog poo, when I knew good and well that Survivor was on. Hopefully this will be a loss that reignites the Cards some how.

And why did Mack bail on zone in that one position when they were soo close at the end? It was one of those games where I kept questioning my sanity to choose watching 40 minutes of dog poo, when I knew good and well that Survivor was on. Hopefully this will be a loss that reignites the Cards some how.

They need to play more zone, in general. This particular team has zero good defenders on it. None of them can keep someone in front of them right now. I know Mack loves the pack line, but he doesn't have the dudes to play it yet.

And why did Mack bail on zone in that one possession when they were soo close at the end? It was one of those games where I kept questioning my sanity to choose watching 40 minutes of dog poo, when I knew good and well that Survivor was on. Hopefully this will be a loss that reignites the Cards some how.

It was tough to watch. I had to take a break for a couple of minutes.

Really bad loss, to be sure, and again, Nwora comes up small in a huge game. In their 4 losses, he has been sub-par in 3 of them, and particularly putrid in two of them (UK and GaTech). I am just not sure about the ceiling on a team that has that guy as your best player. Maybe he has a late-season push in him, and if so, things could be good, but I'm not confident that happens.

What on Earth was Kimble doing on that last possession? Play looked like it was designed as a throw-back to Nwora (although, you know, that may not have been great either), but he decided to drive it into traffic and then lost it / fell, whichever came first.

I don't think we'll see David Johnson start the next game on the bench. After yet another slow start, Louisville finally drops one.

It was a perfect circle as well as once Johnson fouled out with Louisville down two and with a possession to tie the game, Fresh Kimble immediately dribbled into traffic and turned the ball over.

None of which is to excuse the fact that the preseason Player of the Year, Jordan Nwora, has six total points in two games against Ga. Tech this season.

As a team, they shot a pathetic 3-24 from the three-point line, including 1-8 by Ryan McMahon who, when he isn't hitting long-range shots, is just a step above having a traffic cone on the floor.

Let's see how they regroup. Instead of strengthening their hold on the league, they've dropped a dumb one and put themselves back in position to lose this lead.

At Clemson Saturday. Ugh.

Tell us how you really feel.