Jack of all Trades

Northern Kentucky 2020 Football Signee Tracker

So far from the information in this thread, IMO, it would appear that Thomas More moving to NAIA and being able to offer athletic scholarships has improved its ability to recruit the NKY region. It has also reduced the number of signees going to other NAIA schools in KY from the NKY region. Only one Gtown and Union signee apiece.

Alternatively it could be a matter of strategy, an emphasis in recruiting closer to home while the other NAIA programs just aren't recruiting NKY as hard. Either way, I believe its good for TMU and bad for the rest of the MSC. There is much talent in NKY; Talent I would love to see end up at GTown that has now shifted to TMU.

So far from the information in this thread, IMO, it would appear that Thomas More moving to NAIA and being able to offer athletic scholarships has improved its ability to recruit the NKY region. It has also reduced the number of signees going to other NAIA schools in KY from the NKY region. Only one Gtown and Union signee apiece.

Alternatively it could be a matter of strategy, an emphasis in recruiting closer to home while the other NAIA programs just aren't recruiting NKY as hard. Either way, I believe its good for TMU and bad for the rest of the MSC. There is much talent in NKY; Talent I would love to see end up at GTown that has now shifted to TMU.

I think Thomas More always has recruited well in NKY. Their Freshman classes have always been very large, and I'm also guessing not every signee is getting athletic money, and even fewer are getting significant chunks of athletic money. Certainly, the move to NAIA will help their recruiting. But I don't think a ton of guys from NKY were going to the other NAIA schools in the state to begin with.

I think Thomas More always has recruited well in NKY. Their Freshman classes have always been very large, and I'm also guessing not every signee is getting athletic money, and even fewer are getting significant chunks of athletic money. Certainly, the move to NAIA will help their recruiting. But I don't think a ton of guys from NKY were going to the other NAIA schools in the state to begin with.

I don't know about that last sentence. TMC offering some scholarship will probably sway some local kids to stay in the area. The ability to offer a scholarship will is a big plus for a school to recruit.

Cannot believe no NKY guys to the team in Kentucky with most wins in last decade.

That would be Lindsey Wilson.

I don't know about that last sentence. TMC offering some scholarship will probably sway some local kids to stay in the area. The ability to offer a scholarship will is a big plus for a school to recruit.

That would be Lindsey Wilson.

I think that's what I said. My only point, is that TM has always recruited well in NKY and has always had a big draw for kids in the area. Kids from NKY weren't flocking to the other NAIA schools in the state over TM. Yes the ability to give schollies well help boost TM's recruiting and may bring in a few more locals, but I think it helps them more to bring kids in from outside of the area, and reality will make it even tougher for the local kids to see the field. It's always been tough...large rosters, and kids being sold the dream of playing college football. The reality is a good chunk of those kids that sign up to play at these schools never end up seeing the field. These small schools use football to drive enrollment.

I think that's what I said. My only point, is that TM has always recruited well in NKY and has always had a big draw for kids in the area. Kids from NKY weren't flocking to the other NAIA schools in the state over TM. Yes the ability to give schollies well help boost TM's recruiting and may bring in a few more locals, but I think it helps them more to bring kids in from outside of the area, and reality will make it even tougher for the local kids to see the field. It's always been tough...large rosters, and kids being sold the dream of playing college football. The reality is a good chunk of those kids that sign up to play at these schools never end up seeing the field. These small schools use football to drive enrollment.

I agree with this assessment. Remember, the NAIA limits a school to only 24 scholarships a year.

I guess I've finally reached that point in my life, or that age maybe, so I'll say it for my very first time...BACK IN MY DAY...lol

I was once apart of an NAIA squad that had some success. Each year, about 35-45% of the gameday guys were from NKY. I speak mainly offense because that's what I played, but there were a few NKY guys on the defense as well. So out of about 18 guys, 6 or 7 were from NKY. Out of a freshman class of about 50 or 60, there were more than a solid dozen of us that were NKY boys. Like you say, not everyone stays.

My point however, is that the other NAIA schools do recruit NKY hard, as evidenced above, and that TMU now has the ability to retain players it would not have been able to in the past, thus getting quality kids amongst the fodder that will inevitably fall out. So TMU has a great advantage.

Alternatively, if the NAIA schools, including my beloved Tigers, have shifted strategy and are failing to recruit NKY they have made a grave error if the favor of TMU.

I guess I've finally reached that point in my life, or that age maybe, so I'll say it for my very first time...BACK IN MY DAY...lol

I was once apart of an NAIA squad that had some success. Each year, about 35-45% of the gameday guys were from NKY. I speak mainly offense because that's what I played, but there were a few NKY guys on the defense as well. So out of about 18 guys, 6 or 7 were from NKY. Out of a freshman class of about 50 or 60, there were more than a solid dozen of us that were NKY boys. Like you say, not everyone stays.

My point however, is that the other NAIA schools do recruit NKY hard, as evidenced above, and that TMU now has the ability to retain players it would not have been able to in the past, thus getting quality kids amongst the fodder that will inevitably fall out. So TMU has a great advantage.

Alternatively, if the NAIA schools, including my beloved Tigers, have shifted strategy and are failing to recruit NKY they have made a grave error if the favor of TMU.

I don't disagree. Georgetown in particular, always has a strong NKY presence, I'm guessing, because it's about an hour away. But without having actual numbers, I'd guess TM has probably always been the number one choice for NKY players. And I stand by the statment that the ability to offer schollies, will impact out of state recruiting more than instate recruiting. Going NAIA will help TMU expand their footprint beyond NKY.

I don't disagree. Georgetown in particular, always has a strong NKY presence, I'm guessing, because it's about an hour away. But without having actual numbers, I'd guess TM has probably always been the number one choice for NKY players. And I stand by the statment that the ability to offer schollies, will impact out of state recruiting more than instate recruiting. Going NAIA will help TMU expand their footprint beyond NKY.

That is a good question, is TMU better suited to attract more/better kids from across the river in Cinci? But that may be a topic for a different thread.

Regardless of school or level, it is an accomplishment to even be on the list that has been compiled. First, that these athletes have decided to further their education and, second, that they have also dedicated themselves to intercollegiate athletics, because it can be a job at times. Congrats and good luck to each of these young men and to those that will be added.

I agree with this assessment. Remember, the NAIA limits a school to only 24 scholarships a year.

If I’m wrong, correct me. They’re allowed 24 but there are GPA stipulations that exempt portions or all of the scholarship money for an athlete to not count against the 24 allowed. Also athletes who do not compete on the varsity roster also do not count against the scholarship limits.

Bellevue

Gunner Barnes - Thomas More University

Carroll County

Trever Sandusky - Eastern Kentucky University

Conner

Noah Benza - Morehead State University

Michael Neal - Thomas More University

Covington Catholic

Lucas Jones - Cornell University

Michael Mayer - University of Notre Dame

Highlands

Hunter Ahfeld - Morehead State University

Jacob Brass - Georgetown College

Brycen Huddleston - Eastern Michigan University

Holmes

Damario Foster - Kentucky Wesleyan College

Holy Cross

Connor Young - Thomas More University

Ludlow

Tommy Alexander - Thomas More University

Ian Vallandingham - Thomas More University

Newport

Kaleal Davis - Indiana State University

Newport Central Catholic

Cody Mueller - Thomas More University

Pendleton County

Colby Beane - Thomas More University

Colton Beane - Thomas More University

Matthew Campbell - Thomas More University

Ryle

Nikolaus Heckel - Thomas More University

Keegan Points - Mount St. Joseph

Scott

Jackson Hardin - Thomas More University

Quincy Perrin - Kentucky Wesleyan College

Nigel Robinson - Union College

Simon Kenton

Cory Cleveland - Thomas More University

Aric Hoffman - Thomas More University

Jack Milton - Thomas More University

Evan Mulberry - Thomas More University

Vuk Sajlovic - Thomas More University

Walton-Verona

Peyton Smith - Thomas More University

Paul Kremer - Thomas More University

That is a guy who could have a better career in college than he did in high school.

Is it me or did 100 kids sign with Thomas More? Did they get more roster spots since making the jump to NAIA? It's great to see all of these kids playing but seems like half of NKY signed with them. Should make for some fun Saturdays to catch a college game.