Colonels_Wear_Blue

BGP QOTD: What's your favorite cafeteria food?

I had a late morning meeting downtown today, so I swung by the hospital after and got lunch in the hospital cafeteria with Mrs. CWB. I think it might be the first meal I've eaten in a cafeteria since I graduated high school :lol2:

I got salisbury steak...and it actually was pretty darn good. I couldn't tell you the last time I had salisbury steak.

What's your favorite thing to have at the cafeteria? Or what was your favorite school lunch way back when?

Easy. Rectangle pizza.

Rectangle pizza. Lol, that one reaches all the way back to grade school for me...but it was definitely one of my favorite lunches at Blessed Sacrament Grade School up in Fort Mitchell. Served up by good 'ol Willa Dimuzio.

source.gif

1. Rectangle Pizza

2. Foil-wrapped hot ham-n-cheese sandwiches.

3. Foil-wrapped cheeseburgers with tater tots.

4. Fish Sticks and Mac-n-cheese.

In elementary/middle school, they had a breakfast version of the rectangle pizza and it was absolute flames.

John G. Carlisle Elementary School, mid to late 1960's. Friday fish sandwich with mac & cheese on the side. Absolutely rocked.

School pizza. And for some reason which I could never figure out it was always served with corn. I can't think of anywhere outside of school where pizza and corn would hang out on the same plate. We usually had it every Friday. Husky boys like me had to remember to bring an extra $1 for the second piece of pizza.

tumblr_leo9iyae4x1qb3mmfo1_500.jpg

School pizza. And for some reason which I could never figure out it was always served with corn. I can't think of anywhere outside of school where pizza and corn would hang out on the same plate. We usually had it every Friday. Husky boys like me had to remember to bring an extra $1 for the second piece of pizza.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]69817[/ATTACH]

Always with corn. I'm with you. I don't understand either.

Rockholds Elementary/Jr. High had the best hotdog chili on the planet. I've never been able to duplicate it or find anything close to it.

1. School Pizza w/corn.

2. Spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread made from loaf bread.

3. Chili w/peanutbutter and jelly sandwiches.

4. Salisbury steak.

5. Fish sandwiches, better than any that I've had since.

1. Rectangular pizza with the pepperoni cubes

2. Taco Salad - could make your own, so pile up

3. Chicken Nuggets, and that's only because that meant mashed potatoes

4. Spaghetti

I like a lot of the choices above, but now I can't get the "Animal House" cafeteria scene out of my mind now! :lol2:

• Haha 1

Rectangle pizza. Lol, that one reaches all the way back to grade school for me...but it was definitely one of my favorite lunches at Blessed Sacrament Grade School up in Fort Mitchell. Served up by good 'ol Willa Dimuzio.

source.gif

Loved rectangle pizza.

Also, Win Twins.

Trinity had some pretty solid cafeteria food back in the day. I was a brown-bag-lunch kind of kid, but I made a point of checking out the lines when it was chicken patty sandwich day or chalupas.