Sign in to follow this  
Cardsrule1972

Spencer County 75 Gallatin County 49

Spencer County starting to get things going. Sophomore Gage Mabrey with the poster dunk on Rassman.

26 point wins over Jon Jones-coached teams are hard to come by. Congrats to the Bears....

Did Dickerson and McAlister play for Gallatin or are they still out?

CM

I heard one player was out but not one of their key players. Any Gallatin County fans know?

Did he get more then two points on the dunk?

Well he got three if you count the free throw he got after the blocking call.

Wasn’t a blocking foul, big man pushed him in the back. Nice dunk though

Rassman still had 23 and is really willing the struggling cats along. Conley and Rassman really put on a show , going back and forth a few times. Spencer County has real potential for the next few years .

Dickerson didn’t play . McAlister played but isn’t near 100% , I’d say he’s maybe 30 % if that. Gonna be a very interesting stretch for the Wildcats.

Spencer County scoring:

Conley 26

Hornback 18

Whitlock 13

Mabrey 8

Roark 5

Brown 3

Nichols 2

Gallatin struggled against Spencer County pressure. They harassed Rassman into 8 turnovers. Rassman plays hard. Not alot of help. Just my observations from one game.

[quote=

Dickerson didn’t play . McAlister played but isn’t near 100% , I’d say he’s maybe 30 % if that. Gonna be a very interesting stretch for the Wildcats.

McAlister 30% and playing? Not sure why you would play and not be at more than 30%. If he gets healthy definitely will help Gallatin.

McAlister 30% and playing? Not sure why you would play and not be at more than 30%. If he gets healthy definitely will help Gallatin.

Not really sure. Maybe the rush of his senior year.

I heard one player was out but not one of their key players. Any Gallatin County fans know?

I believe Dickerson is Gallatin’s second best player and definitely best defender. So yeah they were missing a key one. Result would still have likely been the same, just maybe a little closer.

Gallatin is currently playing 2 on 5 basketball. They are missing 3 key players, 2 of which are starters:

Hayden Dickerson with a banged up ankle. Hayden may not be their 2nd best player, but I will agree that he is the best defender on the roster. He is also a nice additional option to knock down a shot or two. Devin McAlister is has a bum knee. He provided a legitimate threat from the perimeter and is a starter. Noah St. Clair is no longer with the team, he provided athleticism and offense off the bench and probably would have been a starter at some point this season. Like I said, they are playing 2 on 5 right now with Rassman and Ashcraft carrying the offense as well as rebounding. This is not a slight toward the younger guys, my son is one of them. The fact is they are very young playing varsity basketball out of necessity at this point. I don't feel this is as horrible a situation as some might think. Dickerson will be back with his defensive prowess shortly, Devin is healing. Jarin and Gage are shouldering the load temporarily and responding will in my opinion. All the while the younger guys are getting valuable minutes that will allow them to contribute when it counts--DISTRICTS AND REGIONAL! Go cats!

Jon Jones will have the Cats ready come district tournament time, he's one of the best around at maximizing his team's potential!

Hayden Dickerson is by far Gallatin County’s best defender. If he isn’t on the court they aren’t what they can be. That’s a big piece missing for them!

Sign in to follow this