If the 10th Region Tournament is held at the Mason County Fieldhouse, a lucky draw in the district is worth about $5k to the participating school.

If the 10th Region Tournament is held at the Mason County Fieldhouse, a lucky draw in the district is worth about $5k to the participating school.

Which is no small thing for the athletic department of an Augusta or a St. Patrick.

So they are treating these kids as cash cows? If the athletic department needs money, have a bake sale, don't subject your kids to embarrassment at the regional tourney. Leave the trips to the fieldhouse to my Polar Bears. The Teams who truly DESERVE to be there! Not the team that plays patty cake with a schedule and sneaks by!

If the Head Honcho ran things, the world would be full of Pork Tenderloin Sammiches and Ice Cold Mountain Dew!

Head Honcho for Guvnah!

Serious question. Do we think the kids would rather play one more game in the regional tournament and be embarrassed, or not get there at all?

They would rather play. I have had kids tell me that playing in the regional tourney is a dream come true.

They would rather play. I have had kids tell me that playing in the regional tourney is a dream come true.

And I have never had a kid tell me that they'd rather not play in the regional tournament for fear of embarrassment. Kids are competitors.

Man. You know it well. Parents tell their kids bed time stories of the 1989 regional win over mason. There’s not many generations of Polar Bears who don’t remember fondly the night they stepped on the sacred field house floor for the first time in February. It’s just different there.

Playing in the 10th region tourney to us is honestly how some people might feel playing in the sweet 16... (our favorite time to party!!)

They need bigger dreams then.

Leave the trips to the fieldhouse to my Polar Bears. The Teams who truly DESERVE to be there! Not the team that plays patty cake with a schedule and sneaks by!

Bracken’s record is 8-14 with losses to Augusta, Nicholas County, Carroll County, Ryle, and a tight win against Villa Madonna.

So they are treating these kids as cash cows?

Absolutely!

Look no further than the KHSAA "Sweet Sixteen" State Tournament which is the cash cow of all cash cows.

While I personally like the one class system, there is only one reason that we are a one-class state - $$$$$

Just when you thought this thread was done....It comes back!!! This argument comes up ever so often and is always fueled by those wanted the district to be seeded. Don't wait for the state to come change it, they could care less about it. I'm sure St. Patrick will always vote to draw because they see themselves in the same boat as Augusta who does the best for their kids by voting to draw. Mason County votes to seed just for fun. They are at the top of the food chain and by the size of their school compared to the other three they shouldn't care who they are matched up with. In the 14 years of this district's existence Mason County has brought home 11 championship trophies with the other three going to Augusta. And in the semifinal round the Panthers are 9-5. They are 4-0 vs. St. Pat, 3-1 vs BC and 2-4 vs. MC. Why in the world would we ever want to change it? It gives us the best chance to advance to the 10th region tournament. For the better of the tournament? No, for the better of Augusta!!! #panthernation

And I don’t begrudge the small schools one bit for voting in their best interests.

Just when you thought this thread was done....It comes back!!! This argument comes up ever so often and is always fueled by those wanted the district to be seeded. Don't wait for the state to come change it, they could care less about it. I'm sure St. Patrick will always vote to draw because they see themselves in the same boat as Augusta who does the best for their kids by voting to draw. Mason County votes to seed just for fun. They are at the top of the food chain and by the size of their school compared to the other three they shouldn't care who they are matched up with. In the 14 years of this district's existence Mason County has brought home 11 championship trophies with the other three going to Augusta. And in the semifinal round the Panthers are 9-5. They are 4-0 vs. St. Pat, 3-1 vs BC and 2-4 vs. MC. Why in the world would we ever want to change it? It gives us the best chance to advance to the 10th region tournament. For the better of the tournament? No, for the better of Augusta!!! #panthernation

As long as you’re fine with teaching your kids to run away from competition, and fine with not manning up and seeding. Then have that panther nation all you want.

The BC Way raises men. Not scared people who rely on gambling.

As long as you’re fine with teaching your kids to run away from competition, and fine with not manning up and seeding. Then have that panther nation all you want.

The BC Way raises men. Not scared people who rely on gambling.

Been on both sides of this debate in 10th. Seeding really makes regular season games more meaningful. I also understand the blind draw as I was also involved with it in 9th. My contention is you have to beat them all eventually. I think the KHSAA should make it mandatory one way or the other. Levels field in a one class system.