Brcatz

Boyle County Star and ND signee arrested

I wasn't aware that out of county kids could go to school in a different county.

Good topic for another thread. I have always thought that most schools are open to anyone and that the closed schools are the ones that are more rare.

Either way, folks need to lose the narrative that they were going to harm people with the guns. Pulling theories out of the clouds with hopes that they stick just to be able to say, “I knew it” isn’t the move either.

This X 100.

A friend of mine that is a sheriff said he has had issues in the past and was well known by them.

How does this get by ND.

What is your sheriff friend’s name and what sheriff’s department is he employed by? With the seriousness of this case this information is incredibly important to know.

Equally important to know is why hired law enforcement would recognize these dangerous patterns from someone they are familiar with and never tell anyone including his family or his coaches. It’s not like the entire Boyle County/Mercer County area doesn’t know who the Bartleson family is. Had your sheriff friend not been so complacent about Landen’s past issues they probably could have prevented this whole incident from happening.

Please pass on this important information of name, badge number and employer. I’m sure the Bartleson family would love to speak with him about what he knew and kept from them. Especially since Landen is 18. Familiarity of past issues means they knew Landen was doing things as a minor. Kind of messed up this one sheriff knew about things Landen was doing as a minor and the sheriff didn’t tell anyone.

I didn't know there was open enrollment up there.

I know his mother worked for the school system.

I'm not trying to be flippant because this is an awful situation, and a real shame that this young man has lost out on an unbelievable opportunity in college, but how on Earth would you know what these 3 young men had planned after stealing a Lexus and an arsenal?

There was no plan other but selling the guns for cash is what I was told.

He didn't have to sit out because of the transfer. He had to sit out because he was held back his 8th grade year at Boyle. Always an A/B student though.

He was held back his 8th grade year at Boyle. Always an A/B student though.

That is an interesting pair of statements.

That is an interesting pair of statements.

I agree 100%.

Boyle always has a handful of kids on their team that don't live in Boyle Co. Nothing wrong with that if that is their choice.

In saying that, what a poor decision by Bartleson. Threw away a 250,000 education stealing a car and guns?

A $250,000 education plus a lifetime ofcconnections, networking and open doors. Oh, the folly of youth!

This story makes me so sad. I pray that this young man learns from this experience and somehow, some way, earns a second chance. Hard to understand the “why” on this one.

The 11:00 news says that he appears in court tomorrow to face charges of burglary, criminal mischief and other charges. Sad story.

Saw on FB where this young man turned his life over to the Lord and was baptized. As bad a situation as this has been, if he can trust in Christ to keep him on the right track going forward, he may look upon this experience in a much different light, than he would’ve otherwise. God’s speed to the young man, and his family. They truly are great people, all of them!

• Like 2

Saw on FB where this young man turned his life over to the Lord and was baptized. As bad a situation as this has been, if he can trust in Christ to keep him on the right track going forward, he may look upon this experience in a much different light, than he would’ve otherwise. God’s speed to the young man, and his family. They truly are great people, all of them!

Great to hear. Hopefully he can clean up his act.

Any updates on what happened to these kids/Situation?