Jumpman4004

Maddie Scherr named 2020 McDonald's All-American

Congrats Maddie! Miss KY Basketball next?

I don’t think there was ever a doubt about Miss Basketball for a long time now and that’s no slight toward any of the other young ladies in this state, there are a lot of really good players, Scherr is just on a level by herself, as someone said about Jack Nicklaus in his prime, “he plays a game I’m not familiar with”!! I think the same statement applies to her!!

I agree. Maddie Scherr is on a different level. One of the best ever to come out of the Bluegrass. Congrats Maddie.

Congrats Maddie! She has represented nky well and now she’s getting deserved national recognition.

I saw an article on twitter yesterday from "Prep Girls Hoops Kentucky" talking about the Race for KY Miss Basketball.

The comment was made that "Maddie isnt setting the world on fire individually. and the gap for other candidates is not big."

I agree with others on this post that Maddie is on a different level but will coaches around the state vote for her? (some who have never seen her play because they don't leave their region) I certainly hope so given her credentials and capabilities.

By the way, according to the KHSAA Riherds website Maddie is averaging 15.8 PPG and 8.8 RPG- seems pretty good against Ryle's schedule.

I saw an article on twitter yesterday from "Prep Girls Hoops Kentucky" talking about the Race for KY Miss Basketball.

The comment was made that "Maddie isnt setting the world on fire individually. and the gap for other candidates is not big."

I agree with others on this post that Maddie is on a different level but will coaches around the state vote for her? (some who have never seen her play because they don't leave their region) I certainly hope so given her credentials and capabilities.

By the way, according to the KHSAA Riherds website Maddie is averaging 15.8 PPG and 8.8 RPG- seems pretty good against Ryle's schedule.

They don’t leave their region? They’ve played 20 games and only 6 against their region. If they don’t vote for her, they’ll have to find a different excuse for sure.

They don’t leave their region? They’ve played 20 games and only 6 against their region. If they don’t vote for her, they’ll have to find a different excuse for sure.

I was referring to other coaches who don’t leave their region and haven’t seen Maddie.

Agreed Ryle plays everywhere

I was referring to other coaches who don’t leave their region and haven’t seen Maddie.

Agreed Ryle plays everywhere

Sorry, my misunderstanding!

She needs to get voted by her region coaches first. Barth was a great player at Highlands last year, but for two players to come out as co-players Of the year was a joke. Schwartz should have won it. Maybe would have changed outcome or Miss Basketball.