Sign in to follow this  
Mustang

Bald Eagle Sighting - Downtown Alexandria, KY

So there I am sitting in the drive-thru lane at Burger King, when this bird flying on the other side of US 27 catches my eye. He has all of the mannerisms of an eagle, and I thought I caught a glimpse of the white head/tail markings, but he was too far away to be sure..

He then heads north to what I would guess about Hillcrest,and then returns in the same pattern and continues across US 27 broadside to me heading toward the AA Highway, and sure enough it is a bald eagle. White head and tail, etc..

Where do you think he came from and where was he going? I'm guessing the Ohio River..

What was he doing over top of a bustling city in the middle of the afternoon???

• Like 1

There is a nest in Campbell County, on private property owners don't want it disturbed and people on their land. Location with be kept a secret,

We have 2 Nests on our property in Southern Camp Co near Rt 8. Both nests are actually only about a 100 yards from the road so you can see them often nesting. Pretty cool! They have been there about 3 springs now.

85FDD8D3-B69F-4A46-8A87-B36A9BBA2C79.jpeg

I took this Picture up through my Sunroof last year. Wish I had a better Camera. Very cool to be that close to something that majestic.

There's a nest on the River near Riverside marina in Dayton. The best way to catch a view of them is by Boat here in a couple of months. Hopefully our property location isn't being disturbed too much. It's a high traffic area for Turkey and Deer hunters. I do know the Game Warden checks on our property very often to make sure they are still safe.

I was in the Fernald/Ross area in Ohio along the Great Miami River. I witnessed 3 bald eagles in flight together. Two of them locked talons and began plummeting only to release because only 15 feet away from me in the construction site we were on. Very cool to witness!

I have one here close to Visalia quite often.

We saw an abundance of them at Pickwick Lake, Tennessee on a recent trip.  They must be thriving.  I've seen more in the past few years than at any other time in my life.

Sign in to follow this