Colonels_Wear_Blue

Bowling Green - 2020 Schedule

Aug 7 vs. Hopkinsville (Scrimmage)

Aug 14 at Male (Scrimmage)

Aug 22 vs. Butler (at WKU Rafferty's Bowl)

Aug 28 vs. McCracken County

Sep 4 vs. Warren Central

Sep 11 at Pleasure Ridge Park

Sep 18 at St. Xavier

Set 25 vs. Corbin

Oct 2 vs. South Warren (District)

Oct 16 at Christian County (District)

Oct 23 vs. Greenwood (District)

Oct 30 at Trinity

The only notable change from the 2019 schedule to the 2020 schedule is that the Purples will have the Butler Bears in the Rafferty's Bowl instead of Father Ryan (TN). They lost 24-21 in a great game to Father Ryan in 2019. They also lost to St. X and Trinity during the regular season to finish it with a 7-3 record, and they lost to the Cov Cath in the state semifinals to finish the season 10-4.

For reference:

Bowling Green - 2019 Schedule

Other than the Father Ryan loss, I felt the 2019 Purples did all they could do and went about as far as most Purples fans realistically thought they could go.

This schedule highlights 3 trips to Louisville (that's A LOT) with one a clear should be win (PRP) and the other 2 very difficult (X and T). I'd love a PRP win and split the other 2. McCracken County should be an interesting game. I don't know anything about Corbin's 2020 team. I forgot to mention, they have 2 great scrimmages set to get them ready for the season in Male and Hoptown!

And that leaves what looks here in January like the regular season district title on October 2nd when South Warren travels across town to take on the Purples again hungry to get back to even in the series between the 2. That will be a very good game. Greenwood honestly impressed me as much as anyone off the playoff trail in 2019, as they won a sluegh of early games before district rolled around. I don't see any brighter district picture for the Gators unfortunately for them. Christian County still feels young and thin to make a legitimate run at the district.

It will be interesting to see what the Purples schedule is like for the 2021 Season considering they now know how the RPI treated them last season (not kindly). They were easily at the RPI Basement. One would think you'd like to turn that around.

REVISED:

Sep 18 at St. Xavier
Set 25 vs. Corbin
Oct 9 - OPEN
Oct 30 at Trinity
Nov 6 vs. Hopkinsville

That’s... a really tough eight game schedule. 

COVID ended 46 straight seasons of Bowling Green/Warren Central.  If the season gets played, Greenwood and St. X will inherit their longest consecutive series, each entering their tenth straight season.

4 hours ago, DragonFire said:

COVID ended 46 straight seasons of Bowling Green/Warren Central. 

This is the only thing I can come up with that is a positive result of COVID.

Tough schedule again for the Purples; lots of travel up to Louisville. What are the expectations for this group of Purples? I know they have a good TE, but who are some of their other players?

On 8/2/2020 at 8:24 AM, LongTimeReader said:

Tough schedule again for the Purples; lots of travel up to Louisville. What are the expectations for this group of Purples? I know they have a good TE, but who are some of their other players?

LTR,

If the season can be played, BG has some seniors that should lead the way:

QB Conner Cooper - terrific feet; came through big time in the playoff game vs South, but didn't play real well vs CovCath (join the crowd) but should benefit from not being in a platoon system this season.

TE - Jordan Dingle is being recruited by alot and is worthy of that.  I suspect he will be the decoy for alot this season and how much he plays on defense will be interesting to watch.

WR - Dez Wilson - deceptively quick and elusive.  Should be his best season.

RB - Javey Bunton - very underrated.  Played awfully well vs South Warren and South Oldham in the playoffs last year.

DL - Bridger Knee - wants it!  see his twitter.  dedicated and will command double teams this year.

LB - Rece Jones - best defensive player BG has.  Tough as nails.

S - Eli Burwash - terrific athletic and better baseball player.  Sees the field well and makes BIG hits!

Holes - I know they have some good guys coming back on both lines, but not all of them.  Also Christian Conyer a CB transferred to South Warren and that hurts for obvious reasons as the young man is a very talented player and will take over for Dunn for South next year!

Very difficult schedule, but am glad there's a game after the Trinity game as I already know how that one will turn out.  There are some good ones coming up too!  Remember the last name Flippen - he'll be a good one!  Also Matrix Halcolm JR RB, but should get some time at a wideout spot some this year, is a diamond in the rough.

REVISED (Version 2.0):

Sep 18 at St. Xavier
Set 25 vs. Corbin
Oct 9 vs. McCracken County
Oct 30 at Trinity
Nov 6 vs. Hopkinsville

10 hours ago, Purple88 said:

LTR,

If the season can be played, BG has some seniors that should lead the way:

QB Conner Cooper - terrific feet; came through big time in the playoff game vs South, but didn't play real well vs CovCath (join the crowd) but should benefit from not being in a platoon system this season.

TE - Jordan Dingle is being recruited by alot and is worthy of that.  I suspect he will be the decoy for alot this season and how much he plays on defense will be interesting to watch.

WR - Dez Wilson - deceptively quick and elusive.  Should be his best season.

RB - Javey Bunton - very underrated.  Played awfully well vs South Warren and South Oldham in the playoffs last year.

DL - Bridger Knee - wants it!  see his twitter.  dedicated and will command double teams this year.

LB - Rece Jones - best defensive player BG has.  Tough as nails.

S - Eli Burwash - terrific athletic and better baseball player.  Sees the field well and makes BIG hits!

Holes - I know they have some good guys coming back on both lines, but not all of them.  Also Christian Conyer a CB transferred to South Warren and that hurts for obvious reasons as the young man is a very talented player and will take over for Dunn for South next year!

Very difficult schedule, but am glad there's a game after the Trinity game as I already know how that one will turn out.  There are some good ones coming up too!  Remember the last name Flippen - he'll be a good one!  Also Matrix Halcolm JR RB, but should get some time at a wideout spot some this year, is a diamond in the rough.

Purples

I am still skeptical we will get it started as well. Not because of Covid, but because of all the knee-jerk reactions that will take place when a kid is diagnosed. 

I do think, just my opinion, that if we get started, that as long as things don’t go crazy that we will push through and finish!!

18 hours ago, WKY_Football said:

Purples

I am still skeptical we will get it started as well. Not because of Covid, but because of all the knee-jerk reactions that will take place when a kid is diagnosed. 

I do think, just my opinion, that if we get started, that as long as things don’t go crazy that we will push through and finish!!

WKY,

I think you're pretty spot on here.  It's the getting started part.  We may never do that this fall season for anything.  If one school goes to the public school governing body, say Fern Creek and JCPS just for examples.  If Fern Creek were to say, we are not fielding a team this season, that could be all that's needed to generate the instability for JCPS to say no, we aren't going to have a 2020 FAll Season for anything.  I really hope I'm wrong, but we are on the down side of the tetter-totter right now and ALOT of positive signs (testing trends, etc) and no player/staff positive tests need to happen for a sustained period of time for that to happen.  We are now into August with proposed games roughly a month away.  JCPS will not be going to in-person school for at least 6 weeks or basically early October.  If you can not hold on-campus classes, how can can you administer football games?  Don't get me wrong.  I'm not wanting that; quite the opposite, but those are the facts and the up-hill climb we are facing.

It's tough!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Purple88 said:

WKY,

I think you're pretty spot on here.  It's the getting started part.  We may never do that this fall season for anything.  If one school goes to the public school governing body, say Fern Creek and JCPS just for examples.  If Fern Creek were to say, we are not fielding a team this season, that could be all that's needed to generate the instability for JCPS to say no, we aren't going to have a 2020 FAll Season for anything.  I really hope I'm wrong, but we are on the down side of the tetter-totter right now and ALOT of positive signs (testing trends, etc) and no player/staff positive tests need to happen for a sustained period of time for that to happen.  We are now into August with proposed games roughly a month away.  JCPS will not be going to in-person school for at least 6 weeks or basically early October.  If you can not hold on-campus classes, how can can you administer football games?  Don't get me wrong.  I'm not wanting that; quite the opposite, but those are the facts and the up-hill climb we are facing.

It's tough!

I don’t think JCPS holds the cards for everyone though. I remember on a past conference call that Tackett said if you do not want to play, that’s totally up to you as a school/school district. Those Louisville privates are going to play, and the numbers have been trending the right direction for us. 

I agree though, let’s just get started! That’s going to be the part that decides what happens. Just my opinion.