theguru

I hung out with some Highlands Football Mommies the other night...

The talent has been there except at the qb position at least last year. I believe we see a better team this year. I also think alot of the players never come off the field. The program is fine and will always be highschool football Royalty. My opinion is that dropping to 4a would be better. Why not play the class you're in?

With the key point being that this year's team did not go 6-5 and lose in the first round of the playoffs because there was a lack of talent.

Nope. Conner was just better. The QB killed them.

The talent has been there except at the qb position at least last year. I believe we see a better team this year. I also think alot of the players never come off the field. The program is fine and will always be highschool football Royalty. My opinion is that dropping to 4a would be better. Why not play the class you're in?

They wouldn't have won 4a the last few years either. They weren't going to beat Johnson Central, and they lost badly to Boyle this year.

It seems many on here are talking about state titles. That is not the issue folks. State Championships are always the goal, losing in the first round of the playoffs is not.

They wouldn't have won 4a the last few years either. They weren't going to beat Johnson Central, and they lost badly to Boyle this year.

Not that it mattes, but wasn't Johnson Central the team who moved down to 4A when Highlands played up? And the Highlands/Boyle game was a close game heading into the 4th quarter?

So Highlands was 6-5 with a first round playoff loss and had four kids with D1 offers.

Beechwood had 4 D1 athletes on their 2018 team. Those kids won 3 state championships and 2 of those kids were D1 in baseball, not football.

Apples to oranges. They would have won 0 state championships in 5A.

Apples to oranges. They would have won 0 state championships in 5A.

True, but they wouldn't have been 6-5 and losing in the first round of the playoffs.

Heard from a friend in the know that BW hired anew OC to run the offense.

No other than BW himself will be calling the plays.

So it looks like the Umberg coach that verbally attacked a player’s reputation has been reprimanded and demoted.

Does anyone have Highlands 2020 schedule and if so can someone post it.

Iam Interested in seeing who is going to give them trouble his year.

Heard from a friend in the know that BW hired anew OC to run the offense.

No other than BW himself will be calling the plays.

So it looks like the Umberg coach that verbally attacked a player’s reputation has been reprimanded and demoted.

I don't know how you people get your information before others do or before the people involved know but I will confirm you are correct on most of this report.

Coach Umberg wasn't necessarily reprimanded but he has been demoted from his position as the Offensive Coordinator effective immediately.

Mr Nick Behymer has been named assistant Defensive Coordinator taking over for Coach Weinrich and Coach Weinrich will take over as sole Offensive Coordinator and assist Coach Behymer on defense as well.

Our analytics show that this may be a good match in shoring up both the offense and defense. If we can score more points then the defense allows then that equals wins.

Go Bluebirds

I don't know how you people get your information before others do or before the people involved know but I will confirm you are correct on most of this report.

Coach Umberg wasn't necessarily reprimanded but he has been demoted from his position as the Offensive Coordinator effective immediately.

Mr Nick Behymer has been named assistant Defensive Coordinator taking over for Coach Weinrich and Coach Weinrich will take over as sole Offensive Coordinator and assist Coach Behymer on defense as well.

Our analytics show that this may be a good match in shoring up both the offense and defense. If we can score more points then the defense allows then that equals wins.

Go Bluebirds

The last time BW was calling the plays it didn't look much better at all.

The last time BW was calling the plays it didn't look much better at all.

That was then and this is now. Coach Weinrich was given a very strict Comprehensive Plan of Action to follow by the Administration and he felt like this move was in the best interest of improving his team and retaining his job as head football coach.

He is fully responsible for the team's successes and spoils and this message has been delivered in a very clear manner.

That was then and this is now. Coach Weinrich was given a very strict Comprehensive Plan of Action to follow by the Administration and he felt like this move was in the best interest of improving his team and retaining his job as head football coach.

He is fully responsible for the team's successes and spoils and this message has been delivered in a very clear manner.

Who is running the team?

Who is running the team?

Who holds the head coach accountable? That is your answer.