theguru

I hung out with some Highlands Football Mommies the other night...

There is a lot of passion among the Highlands faithful.......no doubt about it.

And for the record, for all those that think I hate or do not respect BW you are completely wrong. He has done everything he can possibly do within his abilities but unfortunately it’s not working.

Repeatedly calling for a man's job is certainly an interesting way of showing respect.

There is a lot of passion among the Highlands faithful.......no doubt about it.

When those outside of KY talk about HS Football, the names Highlands and Trinity come up.

There are other great programs with tradition but few have the accolades along with the History that these two have.

It’s not an elitist thing as some will say, it’s a pride thing and when your pride is being threatened, compromised or taken away from you then it’s time to fight for it.

That’s where the passion comes into play.

When those outside of KY talk about HS Football, the names Highlands and Trinity come up.

There are other great programs with tradition but few have the accolades along with the History that these two have.

It’s not an elitist thing as some will say, it’s a pride thing and when your pride is being threatened, compromised or taken away from you then it’s time to fight for it.

That’s where the passion comes into play.

Very well said.

Repeatedly calling for a man's job is certainly an interesting way of showing respect.

Good point but I got to tell you this.

I know it’s sounds and seems harsh to some but how do you know that half of the team and the parents of those kids don’t stand down and stay quiet in fear of being reprimanded or benched for speaking out.

So if the administration won’t do it who will.

What did CovCath do to fix their problems with the failed coaching attempts?

Edited by Sweeperboy

They put a “Beat Highlands” clock in their locker room and broke out some white pants. Remember?

It just took a few years beyond that, along with a new coach and a couple Mayer brothers and voila...

23 pages of venting and I’m done.

As stated earlier, let’s talk about this again either in the first week of November or better yet in December after Highlands has won the State Championship. I will be the first one on here either way, you can count on it.

Until then, I hope the right people read these comments and use them as motivation to themselves and to their players to prove all the na sayers wrong.

Use it as a tool and don’t complain that there are people calling for your job and questioning your ability to lead this program. Don’t complain that your schedule is too hard, don’t complain that nobody is in the stands, don’t complain that the School Board is making your job hard, don’t complain that you can’t practice indoors, don’t complain that you are in the wrong classification, don’t complain that people are using social media making comments that bother you and for Gods sake don’t complain that you have no talent.

Just do your job, don’t be afraid to ask for help, don’t be afraid to admit that you are wrong, don’t be afraid to make mistakes, don’t be afraid to get involved with Jr Football, don’t be afraid to talk to parents and alumni. Don’t be afraid to find a way to right the ship and for Gods sake don’t be afraid to change your philosophy.

GO BIRDS!!!

Absolutely but very very unlikely.

I respect that.

As stated earlier, let’s talk about this again either in the first week of November or better yet in December after Highlands has won the State Championship. I will be the first one on here either way, you can count on it.

Until then, I hope the right people read these comments and use them as motivation to themselves and to their players to prove all the na sayers wrong.

Use it as a tool and don’t complain that there are people calling for your job and questioning your ability to lead this program. Don’t complain that your schedule is too hard, don’t complain that nobody is in the stands, don’t complain that the School Board is making your job hard, don’t complain that you can’t practice indoors, don’t complain that you are in the wrong classification, don’t complain that people are using social media making comments that bother you and for Gods sake don’t complain that you have no talent.

Just do your job, don’t be afraid to ask for help, don’t be afraid to admit that you are wrong, don’t be afraid to make mistakes, don’t be afraid to get involved with Jr Football, don’t be afraid to talk to parents and alumni. Don’t be afraid to find a way to right the ship and for Gods sake don’t be afraid to change your philosophy.

GO BIRDS!!!

Well there you have it. Well said SB.

#makethechange

Good point but I got to tell you this.

I know it’s sounds and seems harsh to some but how do you know that half of the team and the parents of those kids don’t stand down and stay quiet in fear of being reprimanded or benched for speaking out.

So if the administration won’t do it who will.

I have no doubt the people you talk to want BW gone. But it sounds a sizable percentage of the people want him to stay. And the people that really matter, the administrators, want him to stay.

I wonder how much the success CovCath is having impacts the anit-BW faction. That is, what bothers you more, Highlands not winning state championships or that CovCath is winning them?

GO BIRDS!!!

This sums up a lot. BW needs to remember one thing. By being more involved and letting others get involved that are and were willing to help the situation doesn't change the end outcome. It will still say Brian Weinrich as the Head Coach of Highlands High School. Not anybody else. Well for now it does. He has snubbed several successful coaches the past 2 to 3 years that were willing to help him get the program back on track just for the love of the program not anything else. BW decided to choose another path. His way. Some will say what's wrong with that? It is his program. And that's why he will own his own legacy as Coach in Ft Thomas. Nothing more and nothing less.

I have no doubt the people you talk to want BW gone. But it sounds a sizable percentage of the people want him to stay. And the people that really matter, the administrators, want him to stay.

I wonder how much the success CovCath is having impacts the anit-BW faction. That is, what bothers you more, Highlands not winning state championships or that CovCath is winning them?

Really?

Two state champion and a runner up the last three years, don't think it bothers the Birds at all. A loss is a loss doesn't matter who beat them.

Flip the question, does CCH get bothered more by losing to the Birds than any team?

Really?

Two state champion and a runner up the last three years, don't think it bothers the Birds at all. A loss is a loss doesn't matter who beat them.

Flip the question, does CCH get bothered more by losing to the Birds than any team?

Probably, always stings more to lose to a rival. Or worse, see them have great success.

This sums up a lot. BW needs to remember one thing. By being more involved and letting others get involved that are and were willing to help the situation doesn't change the end outcome. It will still say Brian Weinrich as the Head Coach of Highlands High School. Not anybody else. Well for now it does. He has snubbed several successful coaches the past 2 to 3 years that were willing to help him get the program back on track just for the love of the program not anything else. BW decided to choose another path. His way. Some will say what's wrong with that? It is his program. And that's why he will own his own legacy as Coach in Ft Thomas. Nothing more and nothing less.

Well said. I went back yesterday and read a thread covering my son’s final high school football game and many things stayed then are still happening now. Lack of in game adjustments, unwillingness to put your better players on both sides of the ball when the game dictates it and will impact the final outcome.

I too am aware of some former successful head coaches in nky who have offered to assist only to be told no thanks or maybe not responded to at all.