Sign in to follow this  
theguru

Belfry 30 Bell County 20 (Class 3A State Championship)

The Belfry Pirate power running game was too much for the Bobcats of Bell County.

Isaac Dixon led Belfry with over 200 yards rushing and 3 touchdowns.

Congrats Belfry! Congrats Coach Haywood!

The win gives Belfry a total of 7 State Championships.

http://bluegrasspreps.com/ky-football-high/class-3a-championship-384271.html

Congrats Belfry. Well deserved State Championship.

Great season for Bell County and super impressed it took them till the title game to trail all year.

About what I expected, congratulations to Belfry on the championship and to Bell County on a great season.

Haywood plays a little add-on to his legacy with a seventh career state championship. He's built a truly great program there with staying power. The expectation has been that Belfry would start to drop off after that stellar class of 2017 moved on, but this bunch of Pirates showed that Belfry football still has plenty of life left in it, and a great deal of that life was emanating from Isaac Dixon tonight. He's well known throughout the mountains, but this was a statewide breakout performance from him. What a player.

In defeat, I think Bell County proved that they truly belonged among 3A's elite this year despite persistent criticism of their schedule. Admittedly, I was one of those critics. In the end, this was a very good football team that deserved to be here.

Belfry just did what they do best.

Another State Title without a completed pass as their 3-headed rushing attack churns up nearly 400 yards led by Iasaac Dixon's game-leading 228 yards.

Pirate D got just enough stops against a tough bell County team led by one of the State's most dynamic players in London Stephney.

With the win Belfry wins the title after defeating the #4, #2, and #1 ranked teams in the Final BGP rankings in successive weeks.

Between Belfry and Pikeville, Hatfield & McCoy country will be rocking tonight!

Great game to watch!!! Bell got there opportunity on the fumble and didn’t capitalize. Belfry offensive line controlled game from almost the start to finish..

Going to be two of the early favorites in 3A next year as well.

Belfry will have some heavy losses but do return Dixon and Coleman and some young linemen who really matured.

Bell loses Stephney, who was a massive part of their offense, but this was a team with only 8 Seniors and a will return a load of experience next year.

Bell County did their community proud. They battled until the end and did not blink even when when it seemed Belfry had put them away.

For Belfry, this is their 7th Title as mentioned and with this win after a 2-year from the title game hiatus you can officially say Haywood has cemented his legacy by winning titles among three different groups of teams.

Between Belfry and Pikeville, Hatfield & McCoy country will be rocking tonight!

Maybe keep them separated. :lol2: A joint celebration would last just long enough for someone from Pikeville to remind somebody from Belfry who won the head to head this year.

Not trying to steal any thunder from Belfry as I’m a big fan when they are not playing Johnson Central.

Just how good is Johnson Central? We will find out tomorrow!!!!

Not trying to steal any thunder from Belfry as I’m a big fan when they are not playing Johnson Central.

Just how good is Johnson Central? We will find out tomorrow!!!!

Let’s put it this way.

Belfry And Pikeville are arguably Top 10 or Top 12 teams overall in KY.

Johnson Central was 3 TDs better than both.

They have to play another truly special team though.

Maybe keep them separated. :lol2: A joint celebration would last just long enough for someone from Pikeville to remind somebody from Belfry who won the head to head this year.

If there was ever a game Belfry wishes Dixon played in hindsight. lol

Another State Title without a completed pass as their 3-headed rushing attack churns up nearly 400 yards led by Iasaac Dixon's game-leading 228 yards.

I hate to put you on the spot, but I'm going to anyway... In your opinion, where does this year's backfield rate among Belfry's best?

I hate to put you on the spot, but I'm going to anyway... In your opinion, where does this year's backfield rate among Belfry's best?

Not on the level of Jones/Howard/Childress.

Not on the level of Wellman/Catron/Hunter.

Probably equal to May/Lee/Varney or slightly better (deserves a ring).

Better than all the other ones.

Sign in to follow this