Sign in to follow this  
All State Baseball

Class 4A Semifinal: #7 Madisonville North-Hopkins at #2 Johnson Central Predictions/Up

Class 4A Playoffs: Who Wins?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Class 4A Playoffs: Who Wins?

• #7 Madisonville North-Hopkins
    • #2 Johnson Central

Madisonville North-Hopkins makes the 5 hour trip up to Eastern Kentucky to take on the Golden Eagles of Johnson Central.

Will this be a barnburner or will Johnson Central run away with it?

Johnson Central's run defense will be tested again. Last night they were tasked with slowing down Braedon Sloan, who ran for 400 yards and seven touchdowns the previous week. This time, it's Jeriah Hightower, who just ran for over 300 yards and six touchdowns against Franklin-Simpson. The state's top two rushers in consecutive weeks. That's a tough back-to-back.

I believe MNH has a more physically imposing offensive line than Wayne County, and a more north-south oriented running game, but like the Cardinals, the Maroons want to establish their bell cow. Aside from Hightower, Hayden Reynolds is a fantastic quarterback whose ability to impact this game can't be understated. Both he and his counterpart this week, Ryley Preece are among the most underrated QBs in the state.

There's a lot to process in the build-up to this game. I'm expecting a battle.

Johnson Central's run defense will be tested again. Last night they were tasked with slowing down Braedon Sloan, who ran for 400 yards and seven touchdowns the previous week. This time, it's Jeriah Hightower, who just ran for over 300 yards and six touchdowns against Franklin-Simpson. The state's top two rushers in consecutive weeks. That's a tough back-to-back.

I believe MNH has a more physically imposing offensive line than Wayne County, and a more north-south oriented running game, but like the Cardinals, the Maroons want to establish their bell cow. Aside from Hightower, Hayden Reynolds is a fantastic quarterback whose ability to impact this game can't be understated. Both he and his counterpart this week, Ryley Preece are among the most underrated QBs in the state.

There's a lot to process in the build-up to this game. I'm expecting a battle.

I agree. If you don't respect their QB running the ball then he will surprise you.

I think Madisonville will put up a fight so long as they don’t suffer a catastrophic injury right away as happened to Wayne County, but I highly doubt the final result is all that close. Johnson Central and Boyle County are just on a different level than the rest of the state.

I hope I'm worng but i don't think this one will be close. Something like 48-20 JC.

I agree on Boyle on a different level than the rest of the field not sure I would be put Johnson with them. I think Madisonville has a good shot to win this game. Their QB #10 makes them a different team from the past couple of years. More balance and more grit. Should be a great game.

Speaking of QB's... Johnson Central's Ryley Preece is IMHO the most underrated player in Class 4A.

He makes that team tick on both sides of the ball and is an absolute magician running the Offense.

I view Madisonville as a slightly better Wayne County.

I think they will have some success and make JC work, but this is a really, really, really good Eagle team.

I'll say Johnson Central wins 42-20

I know nothing about their opponent but I know a lot about JC. They are very physical and will not beat themselves. Seldom ever have holding calls and their QB is a leader and makes greats reads. They will be very difficult to beat at home. Good luck JC.

What radio station will this game be played on?

99.9% sure WSIP 98.9 Paintsville will have the game.

Thank You! It is on my app so I will be watching Boyle and listening to Johnson Central.

Thank You! It is on my app so I will be watching Boyle and listening to Johnson Central.

Just a friendly heads up, the game is scheduled to kick off at 6pm. I assume it was moved up to accommodate MNH long drive home after the game.