Walter

Holmes 50 Scott 36

Scott had 4 TD’s called back for penalties. I believe 3 by the same Ref.

Scott also got 2 on side kick recoveries.

The 2nd one down 8 with 4 minutes left and I have never seen this before. Here’s what I was told by PA guy after game.

The refs got together after Scott recovered and said their was an inadvertent whistle and made Scott re-kick and in which they did not get the ball that time. Game changer for sure.

First district championship for Holmes since going back to back in 09-10 under Lickert.

From KHSAA website:

PLAYOFF BRACKETS - SECOND ROUND, ALL CLASSES

In the second round, the winner of the game between slots one (1) and two (2) will play the winner of three (3) and four (4), and so on through the bottom of the original 32-team bracket.

In all second-round games, the team with the highest seeded position (finishing position in district) shall host the game.

The winner of the second round games will be the District Champion and the team not winning that second round game will be the District Runner-up.

Congratulations to the Bulldogs!!!

There was just a thread here on the site about how well Scott was doing this season. Must have given them the Black Cat.

Eagles always seem to be on a mountain when they fall.

The 2nd one down 8 with 4 minutes left and I have never seen this before. Here’s what I was told by PA guy after game.

The refs got together after Scott recovered and said their was an inadvertent whistle and made Scott re-kick and in which they did not get the ball that time. Game changer for sure.

I’ve heard this from a few sources. Also know numerous key Scott players had the flu. Bottom line is people need to step up though and not enough did.

Kudos to Holmes and Coach Nevels for the program he is building. I’ve personally enjoyed watching him and his team grow year to year, and this was a big game. They took care of business against a good team, on the road. Definitely a big step for Holmes.

Good luck to both in playoffs.

First, congrats to Ben Nevels and his team on a well earned victory. He is a class act and a great leader.

Second, no official cost Scott this game. Scott cost themselves the game. Pick six's, fumbles, fumble for TD, spiking it on fourth down on the 5 yd line, play calling, decision making. Did the inadvertent whistle hurt? Sure. But they lost on their own and cost themselves the opportunity to host two playoff games.

Kids will make mistakes, so will officials and coaches. Holmes won, Scott lost. Kudos goes to the Bulldog players and their staff, who do a fantastic job. Best of luck to both teams next week.

First, congrats to Ben Nevels and his team on a well earned victory. He is a class act and a great leader.

Second, no official cost Scott this game. Scott cost themselves the game. Pick six's, fumbles, fumble for TD, spiking it on fourth down on the 5 yd line, play calling, decision making. Did the inadvertent whistle hurt? Sure. But they lost on their own and cost themselves the opportunity to host two playoff games.

Kids will make mistakes, so will officials and coaches. Holmes won, Scott lost. Kudos goes to the Bulldog players and their staff, who do a fantastic job. Best of luck to both teams next week.

Well said. If both teams take care of business, they could meet again, won't be easy, Harrison and Rowan County both have nice teams.

Thank you for posting this! Give credit where credit is due....congrats HOLMES Bulldogs and Coach Nevels and staff!

It was a very entertaining game overall.

Do they give out Coach of the Year and Player of the Year for the District?

If so, Ben Nevels and Tayquan Calloway should both get the nod.

It was a very entertaining game overall.

Do they give out Coach of the Year and Player of the Year for the District?

If so, Ben Nevels and Tayquan Calloway should both get the nod.

10000% agree on Nevels if these awards existed. But I think Quincy Perrin (Scott) and Cole Wallace (Rowan Co.) deserve the hypothetical POY over T. Calloway.