Ram

5A #1 Covington Catholic at #8 Conner Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Can Covington Catholic keep the perfect season alive after their big win over Rival Highlands? Or, can Conner get the catch the Colonels celebrating too much and get the upset?

I am not sure if Conner's offensive line can get fully prepared for this game. CCH is very aggressive and will pressure Jared Hicks all game long. I hope he can keep his composure and make this a good game.

I say CCH by 3 or 4 td's. Might be more but playing on grass instead of turf. That may slow up the Colonels a little bit. Plus rain in forecast for Friday potentially making it a sloppy field.

Potential to be a good game:

1) Third big game in a row for the Colonels. Possibility is there for a let down, but CovCath can't afford to be flat.

2) Road game and first time on grass this year.

4) Forecast is for rainy weather.

5) Comparing scores between CovCath/Conner/Highlands, this projects to be a good game.

CCH wins, just hope field conditions don’t cause any injuries. Mud fest may be good for the Colonels. Football players should get dirty once in awhile.

I think CovCath is a bit stronger than a good Conner team. I have no dog in this fight, but I do know that Cov Cath's coaching staff will be selling this as the first week of a long playoff run.

The series record stands at 20-12 in Covington Catholic's favor, with a regular season record of 19-11, and a playoff record of 1-1. Conner and Cov Cath last played in 2014, with the Colonels winning 28-7.

I’m guessing whoever play CC this week will get some wrath, so I’d hate to be Conner.

Can't wait to see this battle for 5A top seed and (859) Sports Radio will be live. Click here to listen!

No rain in Hebron tonight, nothing wet supposed to fall from the sky until Saturday at 7:00 AM.

CovCath by 14 or so, I don't think this is a run-away.

Should be interesting. Conner being at home is a big help. Don’t know if it’s enough but I certainly don’t see a 28 point blowout that some are calling for. I do know, while difficult, that if Conner’s offense gets into any kind of rhythm it could get interesting.