BGP QOTD: What is your favorite side dish to eat with hamburgers on the grill?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Potato salad for me. Preferably steakhouse-style potato salad, or bacon ranch potato salad.

I've never really liked baked beans all that much. My grandma had a from-scratch baked beans recipe that folks used to absolutely rave about. She used to be asked to bring them to essentially any and all "please bring a side to share" type get-togethers. Whenever I tried them, I just thought, "Mehhh....this tastes just like every other bite of baked beans I've ever tasted."

Gussie up a can of baked beans with onions and barbecue sauce and bacon and jalapeños and they’re not bad.

Corn on the cob scores high with me. Either buttered and salted, or buttered and sprinkled with chili powder and grated Parmesan cheese. Soooooooo freakin' good!

I like going with some Old Bay sometimes.

My wife's potato salad and her baked beans (the kind with bacon slices on top). I also warm up slices of deli ham and top my burger with it, sort of like a Double-R-Bar burger.

I cannot abide a tomato that is above room temperature. I like them on burgers but have to shield them from the burger with lettuce and (preferably Vidalia) onion. If the tomato starts to warm up after a couple of bites, off it goes.

I'm betting you were a McDLT guy back in the day.

latest?cb=20150504023854