He was an assistant under Coach Kidwell. I have heard now that as of now he has yet to apply.

Obviously Coach Easterlings is a very good coach. I think his record speaks for itself but after 23 years with a girls program I’m not sure he would be the answer Russell is looking for.

I’m sure this job is going to draw the interest of some outstanding coaches. With that said I think there are many different routes Russell could go with this hire. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Obviously Coach Easterlings is a very good coach. I think his record speaks for itself but after 23 years with a girls program I’m not sure he would be the answer Russell is looking for.

I’m sure this job is going to draw the interest of some outstanding coaches. With that said I think there are many different routes Russell could go with this hire. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

See how you could say that but after 16 years with the boys program first he was the answer the girl’s program was looking for, just saying!

Boys and girls both play on 10 foot goals, right?

My opinion is that it is easier to transition from boys game to the girls game game than vice-versa.

But that is just my opinion and my opinion is only important to me .... not anybody else!

On a side note, I say there is no way Russell administration non-renews the head coach then gives it to the AD that was over the athletic department. I think that would give the school a huge black eye.

Edited by The_Messenger

My opinion is that it is easier to transition from boys game to the girls game game than vice-versa.

But that is just my opinion and my opinion is only important to me .... not anybody else!

On a side note, I say there is no way Russell administration non-renews the head coach then gives it to the AD that was over the athletic department. I think that would give the school a huge black eye.

Will agree on the last part!!

If memory serves they were all fired.

I don't believe Strader was fired. Pretty sure he resigned and stated that he wanted to spend more time with his family.

While the AD getting the job would look odd in some people's eyes, I wouldn't exactly call foul on it. I'm curious if there is any truth to that rumor though as it just doesn't make sense financially to me. The AD would likely be taking a substantial pay cut.

So does that mean we have to wait until Monday to hear the name?

You can’t give us a hint? Lol!!!

Look for someone from Ohio to relocate to Flatwoods!